PDA

View Full Version : Porcupine Tree fans?

Changturkey
April 23rd, 2008, 10:26 PM
Anyone here listen/listened to this band? They are great, downloaded their entire discography. Funny, I found them through Opeth, which I found through watching a commercial for their Ghost Reveries CD. Long live European bands!

Bagster
April 23rd, 2008, 11:51 PM
Yes they are an awesome band. In Absentia is one of my favourite albums at the moment. The track "Trains" is an absolute masterpiece. Unfortunately I have not been able to get to any of their gigs, although they have played quite close by :(

Incidently, since you like their work, maybe you ought to consider buying the albums???

SuperSon!c
April 24th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Incidently, since you like their work, maybe you ought to consider buying the albums???

:thumbs up:

Saint Angeles
April 24th, 2008, 12:23 AM
fear of a blank planet is so freekin amazing.\

i've been listening to it almost non stop since it came out. anesthetize blows me away.

stupid dream, in absentia, and deadwing rock too!

odiseo77
April 24th, 2008, 12:37 AM
I just discovered this band less than one week ago, and I'm already one of their fans :D ; haven't stopped listening them since then. They sound really really good. I've also been listening Blackfield, and I liked them too.

Changturkey
April 24th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Yeah, I live in Canada, and the only album I've come across is FOABP and In Absentia. Stupid Dream, Signify, Lightbulb Sun are must haves too. Also, their live dvd called Arriving Somewhere is amazing. Trains is really good, but my favorites by them are: Buying New Soul, Start of Something Beautiful, Anesthetize, Waiting, Radioactive Toy, Shesmovedon, Drown With Me, Lazarus, and Pure Narcotic.

I have yet to see one of their shows, I was going to go to one in Toronto, but the only tickets left were terrible, so I will wait for their next tour.

Mazza558
May 1st, 2008, 11:43 PM
Add me to the "newly discovered" side. I'm really loving "In Absentia", it's got everything I like in music.