PDA

View Full Version : Zim Freedom Toaster/ Repository

kthaker
April 23rd, 2008, 02:51 PM
Hi Guys,

Im currently working at webdev as the hosting sysad, its the same company as yoafrica... apparently a machine has been bought for the ubuntu repository...but no one was quite sure with the repository status..it was sent to enet for setting up.

i've asked for a followup, and we've got a response! the machine is nearly ready.... when it gets to our office, i'll set it up at our data centre. theres just a few more storage issues and ip allocations to sort out.

... I reckon with a fully working
local repository, a freedom toaster would be an awesome project to promote open source software.

Is there anyone who is interested in helping with the construction of a freedom toaster as a project in zim?

if you dont know what it is...please see:

http://www.freedomtoaster.co.za/

let me know what you all think!

NIT006.5
April 24th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Hey there,

Sorry for the delayed reply - been having issues with my link.

First off, thanks for signing up and giving us an update - the feedback is greatly appreciated. And this is really fantastic news!! Made my day.

Must admit I wasn't actually familiar with the Freedom Toaster concept until now - looked briefly at the site before I left work and I think it's an excellent plan. I won't commit just yet as I've got a lot going on right now, but I'm definitely interested. Will have a proper look at the site as soon as I can to see what is involved and if I could be useful anywhere.

Thanks again and keep in touch :)