PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] need input on upgrading to Hardy

bum000
April 23rd, 2008, 11:42 AM
Im on Gutsy 7.10 right now, which is the only Ubuntu version i've ever tried.

Question is:
"should" I upgrade to Hardy right away when it's released or should I wait?
My reasoning is that maybe some software will not be compatible with Hardy right away, & new Hardy compatible versions of softwares will come later on. Or maybe that's not how it works? enlighten me guys.....

marufaberlin
April 23rd, 2008, 12:01 PM
Do you have anything to lose waiting?
Or do you have anything to lose upgrading?
The question is yours.

to upgrade or not to upgrade, that is the question.

overdrank
April 23rd, 2008, 12:08 PM
Im on Gutsy 7.10 right now, which is the only Ubuntu version i've ever tried.

Question is:
"should" I upgrade to Hardy right away when it's released or should I wait?
My reasoning is that maybe some software will not be compatible with Hardy right away, & new Hardy compatible versions of softwares will come later on. Or maybe that's not how it works? enlighten me guys.....

HI and if you have a working system then stick with it. If you have issues then you can try the live cd. If you have room for additional partition then you could always try hardy and keep your existing system. :)

wpshooter
April 23rd, 2008, 01:25 PM
I will be waiting between 1 to 2 months before I install Hardy !!!

bum000
April 23rd, 2008, 01:42 PM
thanks guys.

no, i dont have any real problems with gutsy. but i probably want to upgrade anyway sooner or later. yea, thats what im gonna do, wait a month or two before upgrading

:guitar:

trickyarcher
April 23rd, 2008, 03:45 PM
I'm constantly experiencing lock-ups on Gutsy. I have an ATI Radeon 9600 vid card which may be the source of the problem, but it's very annoying when I'm loading streaming video in Firefox and my whole system locks. If it didn't reboot completely in 10 sec.s I'd be really peeved.

analoog
April 23rd, 2008, 03:54 PM
checked the logs etc?
Maybe upgrading will fix your problem.