PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sounds only plays through headphones in firefox

pete35887
April 23rd, 2008, 09:52 AM
I have a soundblaster 5.1 card that has my main speakers connected to it, and it plays sounds from songbird, the skype ringer etc through the main speakers, so I know it is working fine. Now I have another sound card, realtek ac97 (built into the motherboard), which has my headset/mic hooked up to it. I can talk on skype fine, so linux (and obviously skype) should be configured correctly, as skype plays the ring through speakers, and voice chat through headphone etc. But in firefox sound only plays through my headphones. I have to idea how to fix this. ubuntu 8.04 (i think rc2) 32-bit

pete35887
April 23rd, 2008, 08:31 PM
quick bump for the new day

hifly1231
July 1st, 2009, 05:16 PM
I have a soundblaster 5.1 card that has my main speakers connected to it, and it plays sounds from songbird, the skype ringer etc through the main speakers, so I know it is working fine. Now I have another sound card, realtek ac97 (built into the motherboard), which has my headset/mic hooked up to it. I can talk on skype fine, so linux (and obviously skype) should be configured correctly, as skype plays the ring through speakers, and voice chat through headphone etc. But in firefox sound only plays through my headphones. I have to idea how to fix this. ubuntu 8.04 (i think rc2) 32-bit

I'm having the same problem as of yesterday. All of a sudden, Firefox will only play through my headphones!!! What's up with that? Until yesterday, the only things I had set to play through my headphones was Amarok, and Skype (but I have the ringer set to come through my speakers). How do I set Firefox back to speakers?