PDA

View Full Version : I suck at Gimp

swoll1980
April 23rd, 2008, 07:06 AM
I need a start button like this one but pink instead of blue for my girlfriends laptop. Is there anyone that can help me with this please?

Crafty Kisses
April 23rd, 2008, 07:07 AM
I need a start button like this one but pink instead of blue for my girlfriends laptop. Is there anyone that can help me with this please?

I'm pretty bad with Gimp myself, but that's a pretty sweet idea.

swoll1980
April 23rd, 2008, 07:17 AM
I'm pretty bad with Gimp myself, but that's a pretty sweet idea.

It's my gf's idea. She has the default button, She sees my button, and hates hers now, so she says "Is there a way you can make that one pink, and put it on my computer?" Then I say "Ya right! I suck at Gimp."

lswest
April 23rd, 2008, 07:22 AM
Well, it's not the best overlay i've done, but the inconsistencies won't be noticeable at the size it will be at in the menu.

swoll1980
April 23rd, 2008, 07:35 AM
Well, it's not the best overlay i've done, but the inconsistencies won't be noticeable at the size it will be at in the menu.

Thanks let me try it out. Ultimately she will be the judge.

swoll1980
April 23rd, 2008, 07:46 AM
I tried it out it's sweet looking, but it's to red thanks for the effort though.

SoulinEther
April 23rd, 2008, 07:51 AM
I love it myself. ... ill give it a stab.

edit: rough method, but i just edited the hue of the blues...

Hope this works. If not, i can show how to edit it using the one you have.

jcr1
April 23rd, 2008, 07:55 AM
How come your desktop looks like that? With the bar down the bottom...nothing at the top...I quite like it. Mine looks very 'out-of-the-box'

SoulinEther
April 23rd, 2008, 07:58 AM
How come your desktop looks like that? With the bar down the bottom...nothing at the top...I quite like it. Mine looks very 'out-of-the-box'

He removed the top panel (right click somewhere on any of its empty space and click.. delete this panel, or remove it). Insert on your bottom panel the "Main Menu" applet.

swoll1980
April 23rd, 2008, 07:59 AM

You can make Ubuntu pretty sweet if you know what to look for, and how to change things

SoulinEther
April 23rd, 2008, 08:01 AM
You can make Ubuntu pretty sweet if you know what to look for

Ok, here's a brighter pink one.

swoll1980
April 23rd, 2008, 08:03 AM
Ok, here's a brighter pink one.

Freakin' sweet I know she will like that one!! Thank you so much :guitar:

SoulinEther
April 23rd, 2008, 08:07 AM
No problemo, anything to avoid homework. 8)

AdamG51172
April 23rd, 2008, 08:13 AM
Even the Sn4tchbuckler sucks at gimp! I love a challenge with Gimp. I can have one back to you by tomorrow.

madjr
April 23rd, 2008, 09:33 AM
You can make Ubuntu pretty sweet if you know what to look for, and how to change things

whats your desktop theme?

i personally prefer AWN dock at the bottom.

but your desktop is looking good.

are you trying to get your gf to switch or she's already using it without complain?

SuperSon!c
April 23rd, 2008, 09:33 AM
no offense, but i thought you'd be a girl with that over the top avatar.

Istonian
April 23rd, 2008, 12:18 PM
I was never quite sure how to change the main menu button?

Perfect Storm
April 23rd, 2008, 12:24 PM
It would be better if you gave the two layers instead. One with the button and one with the ubuntu logo. It would make it alot easier.

Trail
April 23rd, 2008, 02:02 PM
Info on that? Looks sweet.

Sporkman
April 23rd, 2008, 02:34 PM
I, too, suck at GIMP.

swoll1980
April 23rd, 2008, 02:38 PM
whats your desktop theme?

i personally prefer AWN dock at the bottom.

but your desktop is looking good.

are you trying to get your gf to switch or she's already using it without complain?

It's slickness, gf is already a happy Ubuntuer

swoll1980
April 23rd, 2008, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE=SuperSon!c;4769843]no offense, but i thought you'd be a girl with that over the top avatar.[/QUOTE/]
OMG thats the pinK pOny. Fear it!!

lswest
April 23rd, 2008, 03:23 PM
i'm at school at the moment, i'll lower the intensity of the red when i get home, which will be in about an hour.

*edit* ah, just realized someone beat me to it a while ago :P I'll post it up here when it's done anyways, i hate leaving things unfinished lol.

*EDIT #2 (final one)* finished the pic, turned out a kind of dark pink.
and if you're wondering how i did it i just did "select by colour" and then selected all the blue & white spaces, then went to colour-->colourify and mixed a custom colour. Simple enough :P i was rushed in the morning when i did it. You can play with the colours afterwards (after having selected the colour) by going to colour-->colour balance.