PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] FTP through squid

adityaj
April 23rd, 2008, 06:54 AM
Hi

I connect to the Internet via a squid proxy. Now i need to upload a file on a ftp server outside my network. Any ftp clients where i can specify using my proxy? i tried exporting the ftp_proxy variable but the commandline ftp doesnt seem to work.

Any suggestions. Its kinda urgent.

Thanks

Aditya

mrsteveman1
April 23rd, 2008, 07:28 AM
Since squid is an HTTP proxy i don't think any other protocols can go through it. The only way you can do that is with a socks proxy.

adityaj
April 23rd, 2008, 07:59 AM
Since squid is an HTTP proxy i don't think any other protocols can go through it. The only way you can do that is with a socks proxy.

accomplished with cURL. Thanks anyways.

nikeshshk
June 15th, 2009, 05:50 PM

I am facing same problem too through squid. HTTP traffic pass through squid but FTP traffic cant pass through it.

And can you tell me what is socks proxy.

adityaj
June 15th, 2009, 06:05 PM
I am facing same problem too through squid. HTTP traffic pass through squid but FTP traffic cant pass through it.

And can you tell me what is socks proxy.

use the settings of filezilla to enter your proxy details or use cURL

nikeshshk
June 16th, 2009, 12:11 PM
What i found on google was.
Squid is only http proxy but dont supports ftp or telnet.
So what should i do if I want to pass ftp through squid. or there is any other software like squid to pass ftp?

I am using fireftp and my internal network computer's ftp request cant pass through my proxy server.