PDA

View Full Version : Need help installing Cisco

keeferino
April 23rd, 2008, 02:57 AM
So I finally managed to get Ubuntu installed thanks to your help, but now I have a new problem. My school requires us to have Cisco Clean Access Agent to access the internet and I can't seem to download it using firefox. Any suggestions? Sorryabout all the questions.

Xiong Chiamiov
April 23rd, 2008, 03:02 AM
The Clean Access client (God, I'm thankful I live off-campus) doesn't have a Linux version. You just have to log in to some page. Though there are many, many (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=cisco+clean+access+linux&btnG=Google+Search) pages on this, this (http://wiki.wsu.edu/ctowiki/Getting_connected_with_an_Alternative_OS) is a fairly simple explanation of it.

keeferino
April 23rd, 2008, 02:44 PM
That didn't really make much sense to me to be honest. When I open firefox it tries to redirect me to my school's website for me to download cisco. It says I need a Java plugin but that plugin is not found for firefox.

spone
April 23rd, 2008, 03:12 PM
Go to the application menu, choose Add/remove programs. From there, search for 'Java Runtime Environment' or 'JRE' or just 'Java', and install it :)

To my belief Firefox should be able to pick it up automatically after it has been installed, although I am not entirely sure about that.

keeferino
April 23rd, 2008, 03:39 PM
I can't download it though because I can't connect to the internet.

spone
April 23rd, 2008, 03:51 PM
That's quite a valid point you got :)

What you can do (I assume that you have internet access since you are posting right now) is download the packages from Windows or any other os that you are using and install them manually.

I think that you will need these .deb packages. If you can tell me what ubuntu you are using (feisty, gutsy, hardy) I can try and look up the corresponding deb files:

sun-java6-bin - Contains the binaries
sun-java6-fonts - Contains the Lucida TrueType fonts from the JRE
sun-java6-jre - Contains the metapackage for the JRE
sun-java6-plugin - Contains the plug-in for Mozilla-based browsers

keeferino
April 23rd, 2008, 06:32 PM
I don't really know what version I have to be honest.

keeferino
April 23rd, 2008, 06:37 PM
I'm assuming it's gutsy.

keeferino
April 24th, 2008, 10:57 PM
I still cannot get it to work. I download the files from ubuntu.com onto my flash drive and then try to run them in ubuntu but it says there is an error. Any ideas?

keeferino
April 25th, 2008, 01:45 AM
help anyone?