PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Need Help with Twinview (1360x768 + 1280x1024)

Nexano
April 23rd, 2008, 01:22 AM
Hi, I'm using an Nvidia GeForce 7800 Video Card, I currently use my HDTV @ 1360x768 as my monitor.

What I want to do is use my regular computer screen @ 1280x1024 along with the HDTV so that I can for example have IRC on one screen and do something productive on the other:)

I've read through these forums over and over again trying to find a solution.

If anyone at all has this setup working, or has any clue at all on what to do, please answer :(

Link to xorg.conf: http://pastebin.com/m1f774449

EDIT: Standard nvidia settings and simple "add Twinview blah blah" doesnt work. My xorg.conf is modified following a guide.

Limpan
April 23rd, 2008, 11:50 AM
I assume you have the nVidia drivers enabled.

Then you'll need to install the package nvidia-settings. Either you use Synaptic and search for it or you can run

sudo apt-get install nvidia-settings

in a terminal.

Then you run

sudo nvidia-settings

in a terminal and you can then activate your second monitor and change the usual settings.

Nexano
April 23rd, 2008, 03:53 PM
I assume you have the nVidia drivers enabled.

Then you'll need to install the package nvidia-settings. Either you use Synaptic and search for it or you can run

sudo apt-get install nvidia-settings

in a terminal.

Then you run

sudo nvidia-settings

in a terminal and you can then activate your second monitor and change the usual settings.

No I cant, it refuses to let the second monitor use any resolution higher then 640x480.

Limpan
April 23rd, 2008, 07:08 PM
I've looked through my own configuration and it works for me but then I have two monitors of the same make and model.

Hopefully someone else on the forums will be able to help but I'm afrain I can not. Sorry.

Nexano
May 30th, 2008, 03:06 AM
Problem Solved. DVI + VGA is a no go. So switched over to VGA + VGA and did some xorg editing. (Some, being an understatement.)