PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem with files of a configuration the apache2

alexash
April 22nd, 2008, 11:33 PM
I have removed a folder "/etc/apache2". After reinstallation the folder has appeared again, but files of a configuration were not established. How to be:?: What to do? :)

bluefrog
April 23rd, 2008, 09:55 AM
What did you reinstalled? apache2 package?

If you want the conf files you should try to reinstall the "real" apache2 package not only the meta package.

example

sudo apt-get install --reinstall $(dpkg -l apache2-mpm-* | grep ii | awk '{print $2}')

James Dupin

alexash
April 23rd, 2008, 10:56 AM
What did you reinstalled? apache2 package?

If you want the conf files you should try to reinstall the "real" apache2 package not only the meta package.

example

sudo apt-get install --reinstall $(dpkg -l apache2-mpm-* | grep ii | awk '{print $2}')

James Dupin

All the same there is a following mistake >>>
+++++++++++++++++
apache2: Could not open configuration file /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: No such file or directory
[fail] invoke-rc.d: initscript apache2, action "start" failed.
+++++++++++++++++

bluefrog
April 23rd, 2008, 11:18 AM
ah indeed removing /etc/apache2 folder is not a good thing. I reproduced what you did and had the same problem.

So to solve it, I removed everything related to apache2 and installed it again.

sudo apt-get remove --purge $(dpkg -l apache* | grep ii | awk '{print $2}') && sudo apt-get install apache2

James Dupin

alexash
April 23rd, 2008, 12:03 PM
ah indeed removing /etc/apache2 folder is not a good thing. I reproduced what you did and had the same problem.

So to solve it, I removed everything related to apache2 and installed it again.

sudo apt-get remove --purge $(dpkg -l apache* | grep ii | awk '{print $2}') && sudo apt-get install apache2

James Dupin

Thanks, James! The service was started, but as well as earlier, before removal of the catalogue, with a mistake:

* Starting web server apache2 apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName

bluefrog
April 23rd, 2008, 12:18 PM
this is not a real problem. it will work anyway.

you could give your computer a FQDN to solve that (so when you do hostname -d it gives you your TLD)

example

cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost.local localhost your-machine-name

James Dupin

alexash
April 23rd, 2008, 04:57 PM
Apache2 works. Has left a configuration by default.