PDA

View Full Version : browser bookmarks

defenestratos
April 22nd, 2008, 08:44 PM
Just wondering how when doing a clean install I can keep all of the bookmarks from swiftweasel. Where are they kept?

tompickles
April 22nd, 2008, 08:53 PM
not entirely sure - but best bet is to export them to a usb drive as html - then iimport t them back in on clean install. or, somewhere in a hidden (.swiftweasel/) folder in /home/usrname

not sure though

smoker
April 22nd, 2008, 08:53 PM
if it is similar to firefox, click on bookmarks, then 'organise bookmarks', when that opens, click 'file' and look for 'export', and you can export to an html file anywhere you want. when you have this, do the reverse, and import into new browser.

Six_Digits
April 22nd, 2008, 08:55 PM
not entirely sure - but best bet is to export them to a usb drive as html - then iimport t them back in on clean install. or, somewhere in a hidden (.swiftweasel/) folder in /home/usrname

not sure though

Found like-wise:
Firefox bookmarks are stored in the user's home directory (usually ~/.mozilla/firefox/).
Tompickles names the directory I would suggest.

Six_Digits
April 22nd, 2008, 08:55 PM
if it is similar to firefox, click on bookmarks, then 'organise bookmarks', when that opens, click 'file' and look for 'export', and you can export to an html file anywhere you want. when you have this, do the reverse, and import into new browser.

Even easier :)

Paqman
April 22nd, 2008, 08:56 PM
They'll be kept in your /home.

However, you can also export your bookmarks as an html file if you go into Bookmarks > Organise. Stick it on a flash drive and import later.

I also like the Foxmarks extension. It saves a copy of your bookmarks to a remote server. You can use it to sync bookmarks between multiple browsers, or to reinstall from scratch.

justin whitaker
April 22nd, 2008, 08:58 PM
One word (or is that three?): Del.ici.ous.

That's where I keep all my bookmarks.

Ideastone
April 22nd, 2008, 09:46 PM
One word (or is that three?): Del.ici.ous.

That's where I keep all my bookmarks.

Good call on del.icio.us