PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Piclens For Firefox (let's Order Them To Do It)

bijeeshvs
April 22nd, 2008, 07:41 PM
hi guys i came across the piclens plugin for firefox and i found it really cool and amazing ( you can check it here http://www.piclens.com/site/firefox/win/ )
but the sad thing is that they have not yet made a linux version an thats totally disgusting. I have send a mail to their feedback requesting a linux version. I know people here (linuxbees) can make more amazing things than piclens, but its also a matter of acceptance, so i am asking you a hand in letting them know, there are people here still alive and we are not happy with their ignorance. Here is their mail ID
feedback@piclens.com

Lets Bombard Them..............................

Mauler5858
April 22nd, 2008, 08:27 PM
That is pretty nice. If they make a linux version itll get a download from me.

philinux
April 22nd, 2008, 08:41 PM
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2207

There's already a linux version for firefox. Just awaiting upgrading to FF3

tango_ninja
April 22nd, 2008, 11:35 PM
sort of interesting......but not "bombard them" interesting :p

bijeeshvs
April 23rd, 2008, 02:11 PM
hello friends i just followed the link you provided but it led me to the cooliris plugin, its not piclens you have to try piclens and its cooooooooooooool, by "bombard them" i just mean lets bombard them with our mails thats why i provided their mail ID not to really bombard them thats not the way of anybody who loves and trust himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hulio40
April 25th, 2008, 12:42 AM
i sent them an email and heres wat they answered

Thank you so much for your kind words and for using PicLens! We really appreciate you taking the time to send us your thoughts.

Our ideal plan is to eventually make our Piclens Firefox work cross-platform. Linux support is definitely something we want to add, but its timing is not yet clear due to our current resource constraints. We're still optimizing the image engine, fixing some bugs, etc. on the current version. We're trying to make sure the current platforms are fully stabilized and robust as desired before adding platforms. But hang in there - we want to make it happen!

Thanks for your understanding and keep checking back with us, we will have updates soon! We really appreciate your writing us and asking.

We also plan to add a load of new features in the coming months, including options to save and share images, among others, so be sure to stay tuned! If you would be willing to volunteer as a beta tester I can send you our latest updates, which may include these and other features as soon as we are able to incorporate them. This way you will be able to use them long before we release them to the public! Let me know if you would be interested :)

Thanks again for your support, and keep sending us your ideas. We love hearing from you!

Kindest Regards,
Meg & The PicLens Team

Sealbhach
August 18th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I've sent them an email. They have the Cooliris link previews but they don't have the image wall, which is really cool.

http://www.cooliris.com/site/press/media/media-pl-wall-black.jpg