PDA

View Full Version : Make 'Just for this session' defualt option

celticbhoy
April 22nd, 2008, 06:36 PM
when I am at the login screen and want to select a different session from my normal Ubuntu Gnome, the login manager asks if I want to make the selected session the defualt session, cancel, or use just for this session. The defulat option is 'Make Defualt' can I change a setting to make the defulat option 'Just for this session' ???

I have just read the question back to myself and I know it sounds like it makes no sense, but hopefully you understand what I mean.

Joeb454
April 22nd, 2008, 06:38 PM
:lolflag: You're right, it makes no sense (to me anyway)

It sounds like you want the just for this session option though

celticbhoy
April 22nd, 2008, 06:45 PM
Yeah I just want 'Just for this session' to be the defualt option.

Joeb454
April 22nd, 2008, 06:52 PM
OK. I think I get what you mean now, you want it to ask what session you want every time? I.e. Don't save the current session as default, but don't save Gnome as default?

Am I correct?

celticbhoy
April 22nd, 2008, 07:05 PM
No.

Let me explain a little I have Gnome, KDE3, Enlightenment, & KDE4 all installed.
My wife and kids prefer to use KDE3 - it feels more windows like to them.
I normally use gnome. The defualt login window prefferance is set to 'Run Xclient script' so that we can each have our own choice. But on occasion I like to use Enlightenment, and I have been messing about with KDE4. When I select to change the session at login, I am asked if I want this session to be 'Make Defualt' - 'Cancel' - 'Just for this session'. The defualt answer is 'Make Defualt', I want to know if I can change the defualt answer to 'Just for this session'.

ace007
April 22nd, 2008, 07:31 PM
So you're trying to remove one click from the procedure? Or just make that dialog box not appear at all?

celticbhoy
April 22nd, 2008, 07:40 PM
Just to remove the single click.

Trivial - Yeah - But also a little of a pain

Got a habit of just hitting return!

giner
October 7th, 2009, 10:50 AM
I have a patch to change this behaviour
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=597661