PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft 3 Working But Weird Problem Encountered

woozyking
April 22nd, 2008, 05:55 PM
:( It works perfectly but sometimes when right click in the game, the right click menu appears (the one that would appear on the top of each window if right clicked)

Please help, thanks in advance:popcorn:

ps: my computer is that last Thinkpad T43 model with IBM logo on:lolflag:

grifter13
April 22nd, 2008, 06:01 PM
:( It works perfectly but sometimes when right click in the game, the right click menu appears (the one that would appear on the top of each window if right clicked)

Please help, thanks in advance:popcorn:

ps: my computer is that last Thinkpad T43 model with IBM logo on:lolflag:

You got Warcraft working in Wine?! Is this regular Warcraft or World of Warcraft? If World of Warcraft, could you send me the link to how you did it?

Grift

woozyking
April 22nd, 2008, 07:47 PM
No sorry, Grift, I am talking bout Warcraft 3

vexorian
April 23rd, 2008, 12:15 AM
You got Warcraft working in Wine?! Is this regular Warcraft or World of Warcraft? If World of Warcraft, could you send me the link to how you did it?

Grift
provided you got good graphics card support WoW is not a problem in Linux, It's platinum: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=11329

soxs
April 23rd, 2008, 11:49 AM
plx post what version you are using, what graphicscard/driver, desktop environment, if 3d desktop, and whatever. Thx

Jexel
April 23rd, 2008, 01:58 PM
this happens when you press alt+rightclick.

You have to go into System->Preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts and change one of the settings. I think it's "Activate Windows Menu".

soxs
April 23rd, 2008, 03:41 PM
If that solution will notwork, you can still run wc3roc/tft in its own xserver (whcih aswell boosts speed)
Have a look here (best to read through the whole text)
http://gaming.gwos.org/doku.php/wine:winestuff

grifter13
April 23rd, 2008, 05:09 PM
provided you got good graphics card support WoW is not a problem in Linux, It's platinum: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=11329

Thanks for the pointer. I will try this tonight, to think I can get ride of my Windows partition.... oh the joy!!!:lolflag:

Grift

woozyking
April 23rd, 2008, 11:31 PM
First of all, thank you guys.

Then after Jexel's hint, I started to check how exactly would I invoke that annoying menu to pop up in the game. I realized it's Alt + Right Click (left if it's left handed mouse). I was wondering why this happens only when I encounter enemies (I have to press alt to check their hp status, lol).

However, the key shortcut configuration will not work at all for this since Alt + Right Click is not a shortcut, it's a feature of the windows manager. So I changed the movement key from alt to contrl and that solved all of my problems!

Thank you guys again, especially Jexel and soxs (and I read that, but think I wouldn't need a seperate xserver session for playing warcraft since it's running smoothly already).