PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Hardy

UncleBark
April 22nd, 2008, 04:54 PM
Just did a fresh install on my system and so far everything works.

Foxxconn 761GXK8MB mobo.
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3700+
GeForce 7800 GTX graphics card
1.5 GB RAM
250MB SATA HDD w/UBUNTU
200MD PATA HDD w/XP
Audigy 2ZS sound card

The only issue I found was updates. I normally use the Canadian server for my package management but had to switch to the main server.

Pumalite
April 22nd, 2008, 08:55 PM
That's why there are several Servers. If one doesn't work, you have the others.

tuskenraider
April 22nd, 2008, 09:07 PM
only issue i had was the gnome-rdp.. i was unable to connect to the database after upgrade.. i renamed the ~/.gnome-rdp.db file to ~/.gnome-rdpold.db and it worked.... tho i had to re-enter all of my remote connection info.. :confused:

oh well..

tusken

other than that..... a++++++++

oh wait.... my trash icon vanished... lol but came back after i logged off... strange.. :lolflag:

Joeb454
April 22nd, 2008, 09:10 PM
I'm impressed you have Ubuntu on a 250mb drive ;) I didn't even know you could get them anymore

[/sarcasm]

UncleBark
April 22nd, 2008, 11:21 PM
Ouch!

You got me on that one!:lolflag:

starbugx
April 25th, 2008, 02:29 PM
only issue i had was the gnome-rdp.. i was unable to connect to the database after upgrade.. i renamed the ~/.gnome-rdp.db file to ~/.gnome-rdpold.db and it worked.... tho i had to re-enter all of my remote connection info.. :confused:

here is my the solution for the gnome-rdp problem!
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4790024

klick.here
April 25th, 2008, 02:41 PM
My Gutsy to Hardy upgrade went perfectly. It seems to respond faster and now I got some of the eye candy to work that wasn't working before. Verr Nice. I have a question though. My title bars disappeared after I changed my xconfig when I was changing video adapters. This was a problem before I upgraded and I'm sure there is a setting for this but I haven't been able to find it. Everything works fine but I like to be able to click and drag the title bar to move a window. How do I get them back? I'm using emerald and compiz-fusion.