PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] File properties - notes - in Nautilus lost after upgrade to Hardy

element42
April 22nd, 2008, 04:49 PM
I upgraded to the Hardy RC on Sunday. I've just noticed that the notes I has associated with a lot of my files in Nautilus have just gone. The little star icon is missing, the notes tab is still under file properties (afetr right click), but there's nothing in it!
Some of them were fairly important. Are they gone forever, or hidden somewhere?

Thanks!

darkazurka
March 20th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Well, these are the things which always remind us to learn how to make backups. I've not done backups yet, and some day when suddenly I will need my data very much I'll lose it all at once (yes data loss can occur), and then things can be really bad, the least I'll get fired from my work.

element42
March 23rd, 2009, 09:12 AM
woah, zombie thread.

nineacres
September 9th, 2010, 07:48 PM
I'm just discovered I'm got this same problem in Karmic after a re-install - unable to see the bitrate for my MP3 files. Rather annoying. Has anyone a solution?

Many thanks

needhelpplease
February 16th, 2011, 03:41 AM
Where are these notes stored, anyway? I would like to be able to use them to help with searching and so on. Are they metadata, stored in the filesystem, or (more likely) stored somewhere in a hidden file in my home dir? It would be useful if we could attach metadata to files on a shared drive for instance.