PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I get logged out soon after logging in (HELP :()

dannytatom
April 22nd, 2008, 04:10 PM
As soon as I log in, it attempts to load my last session, then logs right back out (abouy 3 seconds max, not long enough to do anything). It's been doing it all day, and I have no clue how to fix it. :/

Ub1476
April 22nd, 2008, 04:15 PM
Have you tried to log into failsafe gnome session? Did you install/modify anything when this happened? If it logs out after 3sec, I suppose it's a program which autostart, and crash Gnome..

dannytatom
April 22nd, 2008, 04:27 PM
Yeah, I've tried failsafe mode. Also, the only big change I've made is setting compiz to remember/reload all apps and windows from the last session when I log in.

Ub1476
April 22nd, 2008, 04:57 PM
Just a guess but, try to use session "failsafe terminal", then in the terminal run ccsm. Now uncheck that option. Remember Compiz is pretty much in Alpha/Beta stage for some people.

dannytatom
April 22nd, 2008, 05:19 PM
So going to terminal worked, and it did open the settings menu, but the font sizes are so large(at least 72px) and scroll the page vertically that I can't navigate it to uncheck/check anything. :/

example (this would be the whole screen)

C A
O D
M D
P O

and it's impossible to scroll down it. :/

dannytatom
April 22nd, 2008, 06:01 PM
If there's a way to completely remove compiz, I wouldn't mind going with that.

I tried apt-get remove compiz, but it didn't work. :x

Ub1476
April 22nd, 2008, 07:15 PM
You can try to remove the configuration folder. It should be located somewhere in /home.

Probably ~/.compiz.

rm -dir .compiz

dannytatom
April 22nd, 2008, 08:03 PM
I did that and have restarted it a few times since, and it's still doing it. :/