PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] alternative to SAM Broadcaster

BIG_Yack
April 22nd, 2008, 02:24 PM
Hello!

I am probaly leaving Windows, because I like Ubuntu and apps (because of their price) more, but there is just one more thing to settle down befor going to Linux.

In the summer, I have a radio station, which broadcast thru SHOUTcast. I did thaht with SAM Broadcaster on Windows, but now I don't know what to use.

Does anybody know the alternative to SAM?

Please reply fast,
thank you - Luka.

djdrdewey
April 26th, 2008, 01:44 AM
i feel your pain! there are some open-source apps like sam, but nothing compares! I have been trying to get sam running in wine for quite some time now, and as of last week, i did it! (sam 3 btw) i did get a copy of sam4 working, but i was not able to install it, so i just copied it from a win xp system. but sam 3 works perfectly under wine! after a few hacks here and there though. the ONLY problem i encountered so far, was that the sound from the soundcards stopped after a few hours (the stream to shoutcast was fine though). i might try using a different sound system (like jack) to see if that works better. ill be posting a tutorial on how to get sam running in wine prob next week. my guys actually run a whole radio netowork of 3 stations, and im the guy who's trying to get all of us switched over to ubuntu! if you look on winehq, you can find a tutorial that someone posted, but im going to make a more detaled version of that (with screenshots and other cool stuff!) so that its easier to follow, as i had to work at it for a few days in order to get it running. if you still are interested in open source apps for linux, ill go dig around for them. depending on your needs, they might work for you, but for me, i like the automation you get with sam, along with the dsp's and what not!

BIG_Yack
May 1st, 2008, 09:21 PM
Hi,

thank you for your reply.

I tried WINE and SAM 4, it works for me, but not so well as on Windows.

So, I'm still interested in open-source applications.

If you have some time, please send me some names that might work for you, leave the DSP's and sutff like originaly came with SHOUTcast.

Thank you for your replies,
Luka.

remicks916
July 8th, 2008, 10:45 PM
*bump*

I'm also looking for something like this :)

atomkarinca
July 8th, 2008, 10:47 PM
You can try Internet DJ Console (http://www.onlymeok.nildram.co.uk/). Open up a terminal (Applications > Accessories > Terminal) and type:

sudo apt-get install idjc

t3chiefs
November 20th, 2009, 02:09 AM
Is there another Dj online streaming software?