PDA

View Full Version : Distorted screen on my monitor!

jhomzki16
April 22nd, 2008, 09:55 AM
hi guys! im a newbie when it comes to ubuntu! i just want to ask, why is it i see some scratch-like or distortion in my monitor when im trying to test the ubuntu cd in my pc? is the problem is my graphics card, coz im only using the built-in video card? hope you reply to this one! thnx!

billgoldberg
April 22nd, 2008, 09:58 AM
hi guys! im a newbie when it comes to ubuntu! i just want to ask, why is it i see some scratch-like or distortion in my monitor when im trying to test the ubuntu cd in my pc? is the problem is my graphics card, coz im only using the built-in video card? hope you reply to this one! thnx!

Running a live cd isn't always smooth on all computers.

I don't think you will have problems when you install it.

aeiah
April 22nd, 2008, 10:16 AM
the distortion will most likely be because you're using a flat panel monitor in the wrong resolution. all monitors have a resolution that they're designed for and look bad when they use a different one. you cant really tell with CRT monitors, but with TFT you can. im assuming the only problem is that the resolution is defaulting to the wrong one, which is normal on the livecd. it keeps it pretty low to be no the safe side. you'll be able to change it to the proper one when you install (or you could try doing so on the livecd and see if it lets you. i believe it'll let you if you have intel onboard graphics)

theducksfan2010
March 19th, 2012, 04:20 AM
As already stated, the live cd can have resolution issues. I have experienced this myself before, but after doing the install, (some computers have proprietary drivers for their graphics cards) everything worked GREAT!