PDA

View Full Version : Problem mounting to NAS device

sp00ner
April 22nd, 2008, 06:25 AM
I have mounted my NAS device and can read files OK, and can even create new folders and delete existing folders on the NAS. So you would figure I have read and write access, but when I try to copy and paste a file from my local disk to the NAS I get an error that says not enough space on the disk. This is in the file explorer in the GNOME desktop for 7.10. I know there is plenty of space left on the NAS.:confused:

Anyone have any thoughts? I'd appreciate them.

brettg
April 22nd, 2008, 07:28 AM
Check the amount of space available on the root partition (and /home if different). It might be a problem with your temp folder.

sp00ner
April 25th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Wasnt sure how to do this. A search on these forums lead me to this command. Here is the output

df -h

user@PLUTO:~$ df -h

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda1 53G 2.8G 48G 6% /
varrun 506M 220K 506M 1% /var/run
varlock 506M 0 506M 0% /var/lock
udev 506M 84K 506M 1% /dev
devshm 506M 0 506M 0% /dev/shm

If I read it correctly, there is 48GB available on the root partition????

sp00ner
April 25th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Bump....still looking for a solution.

sp00ner
April 26th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Another bump...

Anybody....Anybody....

Bueller....Bueller.......

gug@fnal.gov
April 26th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Hi,
Did you check at the commandline whether you can copy a file to the area? I could not tell from you post whether you were attempting to copy the file to the directory you created on the NAS or elsewhere. It is generally useful to go back to a simpler case first and verify that things work there. It would be helpful to know the following information:
* username and groups
* directory permissions on area you are trying to write to and parent directory
* if you can copy a file at the command line or not

I have a NAS and am running 7.10, and I was able to create a directory at the command line and then use the GUI windows to drag and drop a file to that new area on the NAS. I did not try create the directory graphically, and while this does not sound like a permissions problem it still may be worth you sanity to recheck them.

sp00ner
April 27th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Hi gug, thanks for the reply. You may be on to something. I used all termanal commands to create a folder on the NAS called test. I then copied a small txt file from my home directory to the test folder on the NAS. It worked. Then I used the GUI file explorer to delete the text file from test on the NAS and attempted to copy the same text file from my home directory to the test folder on the NAS. Error...not enough space. BTW, I was using sudo when I was using the command line.

So here is what I am trying to do. I am ripping my CD collection to mp3's. I have a folder in my home directory called Music. The mount point to my NAS is also in my home directory called nas. So lets say I have a folder in /home/Music called Queensryche and I need to copy it to nas/Music. I try navigating to /home/Music and I try the command sudo cp Queensryche /home/user/nas/Music. i get error cp: omitting directory `Queensryche/'

I must be using the cp command incorectly?

sp00ner
April 27th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Last bump for the night.