PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Debootstrap warning during Xubuntu install

dakos
April 22nd, 2008, 05:50 AM
I keep getting:

Debootstrap warning
Warning:
file:///cdrom/pool/main/u/util-linux/bsdutils_2.13-8ubuntu1_i386.deb was corrupt

I've downloaded the alternate .iso twice and burned it to make sure the problem is not there.

Win2K and WinXP installed prefectly on this machine as of yesterday. I deleted all partitions and started a fresh Xubuntu install.

Anybody has some info?

Bavitz
September 29th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Hi,

I have just had a sililar experience with my install of Xubuntu 8.04.1 and think I have solved the problem. Being a complete newbie to Linux, I will share my experience.

First of all I decided to change the CD drive as the computer just crashed when detecting the hardware, didnt think it was a RAM problem as I have 512Mb. Three CD drives and numerous keyboard detections later I got as far as the install. Great! I thought, until I got these annoying debootstrap messages and corrupt file warnings. Hmm, back to the drawing board. So I burnt the CD again on a low speed (8x) and that seemed to fix my problem. I hope this helps.

chrisofarabia
October 24th, 2008, 07:53 PM
I've just got the same thing happening with a Hardy Heron 8.04.1 LTS distro from Linuxsales - surely that shouldn't have the same problem should it?