PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Mactel Support PPA problems

Rog-Mahal
April 22nd, 2008, 05:27 AM
I'm currently running Hardy and having some major problems (the included 2.6.24 kernel boots, but I have a dead keyboard and it no longer resumes from suspend when I use my old custom 2.6.23 kernel). In an attempt to find a way to get hardy to run nicely with resume, I am decided to try to install the patched kernel on the PPA, however when I try and install it via synaptic, I can only successfully get the kernel images marked for installation, every other package fails because its dependencies can't be installed. Has anyone else had an issue with this? Am I missing something?

cyberdork33
April 22nd, 2008, 01:01 PM
I'm currently running Hardy and having some major problems (the included 2.6.24 kernel boots, but I have a dead keyboard and it no longer resumes from suspend when I use my old custom 2.6.23 kernel). In an attempt to find a way to get hardy to run nicely with resume, I am decided to try to install the patched kernel on the PPA, however when I try and install it via synaptic, I can only successfully get the kernel images marked for installation, every other package fails because its dependencies can't be installed. Has anyone else had an issue with this? Am I missing something?It hasn't been updated.

Rog-Mahal
April 22nd, 2008, 03:42 PM
Ah. Thanks for the info.