PDA

View Full Version : RIP Dimebag

Rancoras
December 9th, 2004, 04:19 PM
I know this isn't linux related in the least, but a lot of people were touched by Pantera and Damageplan. If you haven't heard yet, "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott was shot and killed last night. Damageplan had just started their set when a gunman jumped onstage and started shooting. This is a sad day for the metal scene and I'm still in shock. You can find many more details on the various news sites.

Dime, you will be missed greatly. :(

castrojo
December 9th, 2004, 05:07 PM
:(

jdodson
December 9th, 2004, 05:41 PM
I know this isn't linux related in the least, but a lot of people were touched by Pantera and Damageplan. If you haven't heard yet, "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott was shot and killed last night. Damageplan had just started their set when a gunman jumped onstage and started shooting. This is a sad day for the metal scene and I'm still in shock. You can find many more details on the various news sites.

Dime, you will be missed greatly. :(

wow.

BWF89
December 9th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Just read about that on Yahoo news a half hour ago...

Infatuated_iPod
December 9th, 2004, 05:51 PM
I read about it this morning on MSNBC, i cant believe it.. and its so close to home. :(... R.I.P

TravisNewman
December 9th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Geez. Dime was one of those people that seemed like they would never ever die, ya know? Didn't care for him really, I always thought he was overrated as a guitarist (doesn't mean I wanted him to die though, damn), but I did like a lot of Pantera's older stuff. I almost wore out my Far Beyond Driven album.

That's so freakin' weird.

arakno
December 10th, 2004, 08:05 PM
Pantera was one of the biggest reasons why I begun listening to metal. It's hard to believe something like that happened :(

Rest in peace Dime, you will never be forgotten.

piedamaro
December 11th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Never had a chance to watch them onstage. The did plan a concert in Milan in 0ctober 2001, but you all know what's happened. :cry:

Rancoras
December 11th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Dime was pretty awesome on stage. I visited his house last night (it's near where I live) and the memorial outside the front gate is pretty impressive, very touching. He is definitely loved and respected by many people.