PDA

View Full Version : introducing a French newbie (well, on this forum)

Slystone
April 21st, 2008, 08:43 PM
Hi! I've been using Linux for a year (at first Mandriva, then Ubuntu Feisty and Gutsy). I'm already a member of a French forum devoted to Ubuntu (and English being a second language I might make some mistakes), and since I stumbled upon this message board I thought I would get a membership here too!:) (by the way I'm impressed by the size of this message board)

Otherwise I need a tiny help: I've noticed one can subscribe to a thread, but is it the only solution to keep track of one's messages? When I use a message board I am able most of the time to click on "new posts" or "my posts" (it displays new posts only if I've written in the threads).

LaRoza
April 21st, 2008, 08:45 PM
Hi! I've been using Linux for a year (at first Mandriva, then Ubuntu Feisty and Gutsy). I'm already a member of a French forum devoted to Ubuntu (and English being a second language I might make some mistakes), and since I stumbled upon this message board I thought I would get a membership here too!:) (by the way I'm impressed by the size of this message board)

Otherwise I need a tiny help: I've noticed one can subscribe to a thread, but is it the only solution to keep track of one's messages? When I use a message board I am able most of the time to click on "new posts" or "my posts" (it displays new posts only if I've written in the threads).

In the "Search" link, there is an option to find all your posts or all your threads.

Nano Geek
April 21st, 2008, 09:56 PM
BTW, your English is very good.

Slystone
April 21st, 2008, 10:27 PM
Thank you both of you! Nice website and nice people!
I've got all the tools to browse through this forum now!
See you

bapoumba
April 24th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Slystone, I'm a little late, welcome :KS
Links to find all your posts and threads will be added back soon.

Slystone
April 24th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Thank you Bapoomba! I've just seen the links, it's working really nicely!:)