PDA

View Full Version : Finaly i wiped out Window Vista

bigbrovar
April 21st, 2008, 07:15 PM
Yes after using windows for almost for ever i took the step and wiped off Windows from my laptop .. this would be the first time in my life that i would be running a computer with MS.. not that i have been dependent on windows for anything.. infact the onlything i use my vista partition for was to store movies.. i never boot it.. cus all i need i find in Ubuntu .. before i started using linux i use to hear pple say .. they wiped out Windows from their system after using Linux for a while.. and i would think "WTF u mad!? how could u do that ".. well i just did that less than a year of uding Uuntu .. and i dont think i would be missing anything.. the only problem i have now is how to mount and have read right permission for my new ext3 drive .. so finally am 100 % Linux ..

paul101
April 21st, 2008, 07:52 PM
welcome to the club :guitar:

Blue Heron
April 21st, 2008, 08:05 PM
a good day for ubuntu

SomeGuyDude
April 21st, 2008, 08:06 PM
It's a weird feeling, isn't it? You go so long using Windows that you adopt a "okay it's a pain in the ***, but no matter what I know everything I use will work" attitude. It's kind of like owning a car that always acts up and always needs little things fixed, but you know it'll take you to California and back.

Northsider
April 21st, 2008, 08:07 PM
Great! Sometimes you just gotta take the high dive rather than waddle in.

madjr
April 21st, 2008, 08:44 PM
psssss... u took so long?

first thing i did when i got my laptop

nah jk

welcome aboard your friendly and secure "no gates and no windows neighborhood"

smoker
April 21st, 2008, 08:50 PM
the longer you're without it, the less you'll miss it,

best of luck
:lolflag:

xr7cat
April 21st, 2008, 09:44 PM
I just finally wiped windows off of my machine too, about 5 days now. Been messing with ubuntu for about two years on and off (Just finally got bored of MS). That and I got a xbox 360 for my gaming.

Linux rocks! It is so easy and has everything you will ever need (you just need to know were to look).

Welcome BTW

jgrabham
April 21st, 2008, 09:56 PM
Keep it up :)

BDNiner
April 21st, 2008, 10:06 PM
I ask myself why i keep my windows computer around until i have to play a game. I have not dug deeply into wine and cedega because i don't have the time right now. but soon i will try since the games i play are not very new games and would probably run fine in emulation. also music production. None of my hardware works in linux except for my midi keyboard. and with work i have not had time to discover what ubuntu studio has to offer but i have it all installed.

elamericano
April 21st, 2008, 10:28 PM
Too bad you paid for Vista in the first place. I will never pay for preloaded Windows again. Oh wait, can I say "again"? Have I ever had a legitimate copy, except through work? Anyway, the first goal is to stop using Windows, which you've achieved. The second goal is to stop paying for it.

Preloaded Ubuntu has been a reality for a long time. Here's one of Dell's offering, which includes the DVD codec and is $50 cheaper than its Vista counterpart:

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&fb=1&l=en&oc=dycwtu1&s=dhs

bigbrovar
April 22nd, 2008, 09:02 AM
elamericano Re: Finaly i wiped out Window Vista
Too bad you paid for Vista in the first place. I will never pay for preloaded Windows again. Oh wait, can I say "again"? Have I ever had a legitimate copy, except through work? Anyway, the first goal is to stop using Windows, which you've achieved. The second goal is to stop paying for it.

Preloaded Ubuntu has been a reality for a long time. Here's one of Dell's offering, which includes the DVD codec and is $50 cheaper than its Vista counterpart:

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellsto...=dycwtu1&s=dhs
well what could i do there was no way i could get an ubuntu dell .. at least not in my country .. where most hardware vendors still stick to windows.