PDA

View Full Version : Bulk Removal Request

Bezmotivnik
April 20th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Is it possible upon request to moderators for a user to have all his own posts bulk-deleted from a thread, forum or -- barring that -- the entire site?

I believe this is technically possible with this software.

Thanks for any help with this. I did not see a more clearly appropriate place to ask this question.

LaRoza
April 20th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Is it possible upon request to moderators for a user to have all his own posts bulk-deleted from a thread, forum or -- barring that -- the entire site?

I believe this is technically possible with this software.

Thanks for any help with this. I did not see a more clearly appropriate place to ask this question.

Do you want all your posts removed from a thread?

That is not too hard. What thread? (They will have to be your posts or a spammers)

Bezmotivnik
May 2nd, 2008, 06:10 PM
After thinking it over, please delete all (100%) of the messages from user "Bezmotivnik" on the entire Ubuntu forums system.

That should be easiest for you. One command, pfft!

Thanks for your help.

LaRoza
May 2nd, 2008, 07:19 PM
After thinking it over, please delete all (100%) of the messages from user "Bezmotivnik" on the entire Ubuntu forums system.

That should be easiest for you. One command, pfft!

Thanks for your help.

Why?

Bezmotivnik
May 2nd, 2008, 11:50 PM
Why?
They're my posts, I'm leaving the forums and I want nothing left behind.

Ok?

PM me if you want to verify it's me or have any other questions.

Thanks.

23meg
May 4th, 2008, 07:54 PM
* tries to think up an automated way to save all of Bezmotivnik's posts from the guitar thread *

Not that I don't have a good guess, but why exactly are you doing this? You'll be depriving posterity of one great resource.

KiwiNZ
May 5th, 2008, 08:34 PM
This would involve considerable work. We will need a valid good reason to consider this.

matthew
May 5th, 2008, 10:12 PM
This would involve considerable work. We will need a valid good reason to consider this.Agreed. I am not in favor of doing so.

We can remove any personally identifying information from the account and disable it if you would like. That is as far as I think is reasonable for a forum this size and after considering the amount of work removing all posts would require and the havoc it could work with our database.

PriceChild
May 6th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Not to mention the nonsense it would leave behind in threads making no sense without your posts. Would you also like a query run on the database to find every single post quoting you?