PDA

View Full Version : People WITH/AND ubuntu?

Jareth
April 19th, 2008, 11:52 AM
There still hasn't been a compiler that could compile Linux for the human brain (male or female) so all the girls here (and all the guys) run the same biological software they were born with.

That was off another thread about girls on Ubuntu (ladies for any gentlemen out there *tips my top hat).

It got me wondering about when we do end up with cybernetic implants of some kind, whether it be mobile phones stuck behind our ears or memory upgrades of some description. I personally wouldn't mind a memory upgrade since mine is shot!

Which OS would people use for them. It would have to be a good one, we couldn't settle for some of the crap thats already out there (mentioning no names) since its going to be IN us. I know I wouldn't want a BSOD appearing when I was doing something important like hurtling down the stairs.

Thoughts?

P.S If I had to go with one right now, I probably would go for Ubuntu, naturally. But it would be cool to have puppy or DSL.

wannadumpwindows
April 21st, 2008, 12:45 PM
Any O/S that isn't networked, I don't want people in my head . . . .

quinnten83
April 21st, 2008, 12:47 PM
Any O/S that isn't networked, I don't want people in my head . . . .
probably will have to install a good firewall then...

Joeb454
April 21st, 2008, 12:50 PM
You don't need a firewall, just disable network interfaces and make sure you have no ports open :)

wannadumpwindows
April 21st, 2008, 12:51 PM
probably will have to install a good firewall then...

Nah, just give me a mini-pci slot. I can add a NIC later if absolutely necessary. I'll stick with offline updates.:lolflag:

billgoldberg
April 21st, 2008, 01:04 PM
The OS will most likely be the one we are using now (whatever you want to call it).

The hardware they will drop in there will be compatible with the human OS.

I wouldn't mind some hardware upgrades. A bit more processing power and memory would be nice.

jespdj
April 21st, 2008, 01:34 PM
The OS will most likely be the one we are using now (whatever you want to call it).
Hmmm... Homo Sapiens v1.0? :)

ShodanjoDM
April 21st, 2008, 02:03 PM
Hmmm... Homo Sapiens v1.0? :)

With ufw (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuFirewall) installed, and with the setting:

# ufw default deny

T-Virus
April 21st, 2008, 02:35 PM
With ufw (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuFirewall) installed, and with the setting:

# ufw default deny

Judging by this command Homo Sapiens v1 is product of UNIX family? :) Cool then no BSOD for me!

ShodanjoDM
April 21st, 2008, 02:38 PM
Judging by this command Homo Sapiens v1 is product of UNIX family? :) Cool then no BSOD for me!

You can get BSOD (or in case of Homo Sapiens V1 that will be BFOD - Blue Face Of Death) if you hold your breath more than a few minutes... :confused:

rune0077
April 21st, 2008, 02:38 PM
Also, if we all do get to run on Linux, would that mean no more viruses? An end to the common cold?