PDA

View Full Version : EndlessOnline

Skyline969
April 16th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Hey everyone, I'm a relatively new user to Ubuntu, but I do understand how to work it and whatnot, don't you worry. I asked on the EndlessOnline (an online game) forums about how to get EO to work on Ubuntu, and a user recommended Wine. Well I installed Wine and began to have my doubts on it working once it didn't handle a simple computer game like Diablo. It got through the intro video and then crashed at the main menu. I understand that Wine can't and nowhere in the near future will be able to handle a vast amount of Windows applications (games, anyways). I'm just wondering - has anyone tested EndlessOnline on Ubuntu? If not, can someone please test it? The computer Ubuntu is currently installed on in my house does not have internet access (wireless issue with my D-Link WUA-1340, yes I installed the drivers from the CD with Wine) so I need someone else to test for me. If someone would be kind enough as to give it a check, please let me know. Thanks.

PS: The link for EndlessOnline is http://www.endless-online.com

Skyline969
April 17th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Pardon the bump, but I really need this question answered.

Unitux
June 22nd, 2008, 02:10 PM
vult-r is using bcb-tools so no wonder that it keeps crashing.

dodle
July 22nd, 2008, 09:19 AM
I have been playing this game with Windows and recently decided I wanted to try it out with wine. I talked with some guys in the IRQ chat and found a person who was playing with an OS X port of wine. According to this person, a lot of people are now playing this game with wine but didn't specify which operating system they were using.

I have now tried it on two different computers with Xubuntu install, and neither have worked for me. The game starts up and I can hear the sounds, but usually I only get a blank white screen. I did some clicking around on the blank screen to see if the buttons were functional and successfully hit the exit button causing the client to shutdown. So it seems to me that it might be fully functional if there display weren't messed up, but it could also be that I am just unlucky.

Has anybody else tried out this game with wine?

dodle
July 22nd, 2008, 09:29 AM
BTW If anybody wants to get this game working at all they'll need to use depends.exe to figure out which .dll files to download to the .wine/drive_c/windows/system32 folder, there are a lot of them. Just in case people can't figure out why the client won't start up :).

This thread is a few months old, but I am interested in getting this game working on Linux (though I don't think it will be for a while).

HappyMask
October 24th, 2008, 10:04 AM
I wouldn't use this or suggest this but I have a friend who plays EO on his Ubuntu well technically Windows, the only way he did it was through VMware.

If you have a Windows installation disk and VMware, you could run Windows OS on your Linux.

So the only other way to play with it is to have a Windows in a box, that's the easiest way I guess.

But think it over before you make any decisions.