April 16th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Upgraded today :guitar:
Quite good!!!!

buried
April 16th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Good on ya, but it's only 7 days to release, one week, just wait :P

funrider
April 16th, 2008, 04:39 PM
i am thinking of any descent reason to upgrade. anything broken from old setup?

swoll1980
April 16th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Nows the time to upgrade. If you wait till next week you have to stand in the E-line waiting for bandwidth

swoll1980
April 16th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Nows the time to upgrade. If you wait till next week you have to stand in the E-line waiting for bandwidth

The only thing I had to fix was virtualbox (because of the new kernel)+ I uninstalled my nvidia drivers before and reinstalled after

vishzilla
April 16th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Nope, nothing broke. A perfect upgrade so far :crossingfingers:

agim
April 16th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Huge fan of the new release. I like policy kit and pulse audio works better with my compaq than 7.10

ShogunMaster06
April 16th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I upgraded this past weekend on my main laptop and haven't had any problems.

Actually, I did have one problem with my Miro player. I had to uninstall, add the new Miro repo for Hardy and reinstall. Everything worked after that.

It's a very nice update. I also like to upgrade at least a couple weeks before the final release so that I don't have to fight to get the new release downloaded on release day. This works out really well.

macogw
April 16th, 2008, 06:24 PM
There was breakage the last few days with the -16 kernel. I still don't have sound or wireless with that kernel. I don't recommend upgrading til that's fixed.

billgoldberg
April 16th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Updating?

No thanks.

I'll wait for the final version, and the torrent should be fast so it should only take 45min to download.

aktiwers
April 16th, 2008, 08:02 PM
45mins? I will get it in about 3mins :P

DeliriousNor
April 16th, 2008, 08:32 PM
That's more like it! Where will the torrent be published?

I am dualbooting ubuntu 7.10 and 8.04 and everything works great! I have yet to run into any problems. But I will definately download the final version and install as my only OS.

intense.ego
April 16th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I'll probably get it a couple of weeks after release, so the devs can iron out any bugs. By the way, do xubuntu 8.04 and kubuntu 8.04 release on the same day?

chris_x1
April 16th, 2008, 10:32 PM
i am thinking of any descent reason to upgrade. anything broken from old setup?

i found that my asound.conf file wasnt working to use my sub when playing 2.0 stereo

-gabe-noob-
April 16th, 2008, 10:51 PM
For some reason I get horrible download speeds for betas (only like 453/kbps)

where normally I get like 1mbps.(1mbps= 1000 kbps right?)

fedex1993
April 16th, 2008, 11:19 PM
yeah i think hardy is actually still bloated but its way better than alpha 4 in my opioun. Also firefox 3 b5 has way to many bugs right now i right click quote and it on UF and it opens up my email thunderbird wtf?

danbuter
April 16th, 2008, 11:40 PM
I've been using it since Beta came out. It's been nothing but awesome for me.

bruce89
April 17th, 2008, 12:40 AM
By the way, do xubuntu 8.04 and kubuntu 8.04 release on the same day?

Yes.

dugonline
April 17th, 2008, 01:04 AM
About upgrading to the Beta now as opposed to waiting for the full release . . . . . .

Will the Beta automatically update to the Full Release or will I have to download that later as well?

danbuter
April 17th, 2008, 01:05 AM
It should update fine.

Gargamella
April 17th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Updating?

No thanks.

I'll wait for the final version, and the torrent should be fast so it should only take 45min to download.

so stylish! ;D I'll do the same, and after all why should I install a beta right now? The release is almost here.

macogw
April 17th, 2008, 05:50 AM
yeah i think hardy is actually still bloated but its way better than alpha 4 in my opioun. Also firefox 3 b5 has way to many bugs right now i right click quote and it on UF and it opens up my email thunderbird wtf?
Not for me. I'm guessing you have some extension in your right click menu and are releasing the button at *just* the right time to accidentally click something that emails the page. Try holding down the button longer so you can see the menu come up.

tigerplug
April 17th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Upgraded today :guitar:
Quite good!!!!

Good luck with it! :)

I hope to be on it very soon too!- But I have a poor internet connection so it could take a while :(

Ewingo401
April 17th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Yeah I upgraded yesterday as well and the only problem I've seen is that Firefox 3 beta is practically unusable, but after reverting back to firefox 2 I've had no problems, and actually seen improvements such as my sound.

Dale61
April 18th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Been using Hardy since first weekend of April.

I'm on dial-up, so it took 100 hours to upgrade from Dapper.

Downloading updates as they come in, just to keep on top of things.

No major breakages to report, so I'm more than happy I was 100 hours patient.

DrCoolSanta
April 18th, 2008, 05:17 AM
lol, you actually downloaded it with dial-up? Must be patient . . . I used to kill my earlier dial-up even with 16 MB. And I never actually downloaded the updates on any distro because every time I would, it would be some 800 MB.

I am one of those who are waiting, not so impatient.

tigerplug
April 18th, 2008, 05:41 AM
Yeah I upgraded yesterday as well and the only problem I've seen is that Firefox 3 beta is practically unusable, but after reverting back to firefox 2 I've had no problems, and actually seen improvements such as my sound.
Unusable in what way?
Do you mean personal preferences or is there a bug/problem with it?

tigerplug
April 18th, 2008, 05:42 AM
Been using Hardy since first weekend of April.

I'm on dial-up, so it took 100 hours to upgrade from Dapper.

Downloading updates as they come in, just to keep on top of things.

No major breakages to report, so I'm more than happy I was 100 hours patient.

I salute you oh dedicated one!

FuturePilot
April 18th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Wow!!!! I just upgraded my old laptop to Hardy. It's incredible! Each new version gets better and better. This is the best one yet. There's still a few small things that are a little buggered, but I'm sure they'll be fixed soon. Otherwise it's amazing!!

Calash
April 18th, 2008, 06:57 PM
I am going to upgrade my destop this weekend. My Server/Mythbuntu box has been on 8.04 for a couple of months now and has been quite happy.

Mazza558
April 18th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Yes, Hardy is pretty good and should be a solid release. It's a shame about the extra steps needed for ndiswrapper, and the poor ATI drivers, but on the whole it's not bad at all.

ubuntu27
April 18th, 2008, 09:56 PM
About upgrading to the Beta now as opposed to waiting for the full release . . . . . .

Will the Beta automatically update to the Full Release or will I have to download that later as well?

It will be updated automatically :)