PDA

View Full Version : decent blogging software

ELD
April 16th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Anyone know a decent blog software, wordpress is kinda annoying and ugly to use...

Starcrafter
April 16th, 2008, 01:11 PM
In my opinion WordPress is great as long as you make your own themes.

The 2.3 admin panel took a little while to get used to, as I'm sure the 2.5 one will, but once you do it's a very nice piece of software to use and one worth sticking with.

alphanaut
April 16th, 2008, 01:58 PM
The webbrowser Flock (www.flock.com) is a great web 2.0 browser w/ integration to wordpress, facebook, youtube, del.icio.us, gmail and many more.

try it out and see 4 urself.

ELD
April 16th, 2008, 01:59 PM
The webbrowser Flock (www.flock.com) is a great web 2.0 browser w/ integration to wordpress, facebook, youtube, del.icio.us, gmail and many more.

try it out and see 4 urself.

thanks but i mean blogging software for a website not desktop :), guess i will just go with wordpress

Nano Geek
April 16th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I'm just about to set up a blog for a friend of mine using WP, and I'm curious to know what you found annoying about it?

Oldsoldier2003
April 16th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Anyone know a decent blog software, wordpress is kinda annoying and ugly to use...

you could always try MT. I used to really like moveable type when I hosted my own blogs.

Dr Small
April 16th, 2008, 02:56 PM
I use wordpress, and find that it suits my needs.
Also, I will not be upgrading to any newer versions, due to the weird looking dashboard....

aysiu
April 16th, 2008, 04:07 PM
WordPress allows you to customize the look and feel as much as you want. There are many different themes you can install, and you can create your own theme, too, or tweak existing themes if you know CSS.

Levander
April 16th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I'm interested in customizing my blogging software. And, I'm more interested in ruby than PHP. So, I'm looking at mephisto and typo. typo is definitely under more active development, but mephisto already has a multi-site feature working (multiple blogs with one mephisto install).

I was told in IRC that the typo group implemented multi-site, but the lead developer yanked it all out because it was starting to make the code look sloppy. If they can't implement multi-site well, this kind of concerns me as to the quality of code in typo that I'd be customizing. So, I'm going to look into mephisto first. I could be wrong here, this opinion is just based on antecdotal evidence.

There are other really good blogging tools than Wordpress that are written in PHP. But, I don't remember any one of them. Maybe check in #wordpress on irc.freenode.org. Those guys are aware of the other ones. Don't be shouting out how annoying wordpress is though. They won't like that.

funrider
April 16th, 2008, 04:37 PM
I'm just about to set up a blog for a friend of mine using WP, and I'm curious to know what you found annoying about it?

you will find it annoying when your friends stop using the blog