PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland police officer gets rewarded with paid vacation for life

swoll1980
April 16th, 2008, 12:15 PM
This is pretty retarded,
A Cleveland police officer that was convicted of assaulting a helpless handcuffed man with a billy club. Received a 6 month suspended jail
sentence, was banned from ever working in law enforcement again, and heres the best part as part of his plea agreement he will be allowed to collect a pension, so he isn't allowed to work, but he will still get paid.
sounds like a paid vacation that never ends to me, and all he had to do to get it was brake the laws he swore to defend.

Tomatz
April 16th, 2008, 12:16 PM
God bless America!

:lolflag:

chucky chuckaluck
April 16th, 2008, 12:37 PM
is the city of cleveland hiring?

rolnics
April 16th, 2008, 12:45 PM
At this moment in time that sounds like my kinda job . . . . .

chucky chuckaluck
April 16th, 2008, 12:48 PM
At this moment in time that sounds like my kinda job . . . . .

i've got an even better idea. i'll get a job as a cop, pretend to arrest you and handcuff you, whack you with the billy club a couple of times, get the deal mentioned above while you sue the city and we split all the money. what do you think?

eggdeng
April 16th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Meanwhile, in Tehran .....the head of the anti-vice squad has been arrested in a brothel in the company of six naked ladies.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7350165.stm
All in a day's work, I suppose.

aimran
April 16th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Meanwhile, in Tehran .....the head of the anti-vice squad has been arrested in a brothel in the company of six naked ladies.

I bet his excuse was he's working undercover!

popch
April 16th, 2008, 01:10 PM
sounds like a paid vacation that never ends to me

Source?

Tomatz
April 16th, 2008, 01:19 PM

mips
April 16th, 2008, 01:29 PM

That would be deep undercover...

Seisen
April 16th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Source?

I heard it on the news this morning but the Plain Dealer in Cleveland doesn't have anything online, interesting. :confused:

swoll1980
April 16th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Source?

fox 8 news cleveland www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/pages/News;jsessionid=EA15BB774BF6254BD1C2E508E374C235?p ageId=3.1

utUtu
April 16th, 2008, 02:55 PM
That would be deep undercover...

Well they have to catch them in '..the act..' for the evidence to stick.

Tundro Walker
April 16th, 2008, 03:30 PM
There's usually more to these stories than meets the eye. The media has a knack of spinning it.

But still, that's pretty messed up.

swoll1980
April 16th, 2008, 03:53 PM
There's usually more to these stories than meets the eye. The media has a knack of spinning it.

But still, that's pretty messed up.

Being a resident of Cleveland, and having followed this story closely for
a while now I can assure you it's exactly what it is. Now I'm just waiting to see what kind of tensions are going to mount from this sentence (or lack there of)

Tomatz
April 16th, 2008, 03:57 PM
i've got an even better idea. i'll get a job as a cop, pretend to arrest you and handcuff you, whack you with the billy club a couple of times,

On any other forum that could be construed as rude ;)

Zeotronic
April 16th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Who says police corruption is down these days? :lolflag:

Its things like this that restore my faith in humanity.

gn2
April 16th, 2008, 04:01 PM

That will be quite a stain on his character...... as well as the sheets..... groan.

Tomatz
April 16th, 2008, 04:03 PM
That will be quite a stain on his character...... as well as the sheets..... groan.

Haw Haw Haw

smoker
April 16th, 2008, 04:18 PM
This is pretty retarded,
A Cleveland police officer that was convicted of assaulting a helpless handcuffed man with a billy club. Received a 6 month suspended jail
sentence, was banned from ever working in law enforcement again, and heres the best part as part of his plea agreement he will be allowed to collect a pension, so he isn't allowed to work, but he will still get paid.
sounds like a paid vacation that never ends to me, and all he had to do to get it was brake the laws he swore to defend.

maybe he should apply for the 'new vacancy in Iran' seems the job has some pretty good perks!

notwen
April 16th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Cleveland Rocks.

swoll1980
April 16th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Cleveland Rocks.

+1

derekr44
April 16th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Don't tase me, bro!

LaRoza
April 16th, 2008, 04:46 PM

I wonder what was uncovered?

I would also like to point out the many officers who put in years of public service with no special treatment. Police officers have an average lifespan of five years after retirement. Their job is nothing like a typical job.

swoll1980
April 16th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Don't tase me, bro!

Your lucky if thats all you get in cleveland

gn2
April 16th, 2008, 05:17 PM
I would also like to point out the many officers who put in years of public service with no special treatment. Police officers have an average lifespan of five years after retirement. Their job is nothing like a typical job.

As a former Police Constable myself I agree 100% seven years of it was all I could take before I just had enough and quit.

You never deal with any good stuff, it's always the bad things in life that the Police have to deal with and it can be totally depressing.

A friend of mine once said that "Being a Police Officer is like cleaning the backside of society while it continually keeps crapping on you"
I couldn't have put it better myself.

It's common practice for Police Officers to resign as an alternative to dismissal and retain their pension benefits, as appears to have happened in this case.

mips
April 16th, 2008, 09:50 PM
On any other forum that could be construed as rude ;)

Some people get their kicks out of stuff like that :)

pjkoczan
April 16th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Well they have to catch them in '..the act..' for the evidence to stick.

That's not the only thing that would stick! Hi-o! :grin: