PDA

View Full Version : 8 Days WHOOOOOOT!!!!!!!

Nunu
April 16th, 2008, 09:45 AM
I feel better now that i got that of my chest :D

Saint Angeles
April 16th, 2008, 09:48 AM
its been out for a while though... some people just get scared when they see "beta"

its pretty much solid right now.

go ahead and get it if you aren't... chicken.

Nunu
April 16th, 2008, 09:52 AM
I have it but i am having some trouble with the my 3g card. i hope it will be resolved with the final release. For some arb reason the new kernel can't assign a Drive id to the flash space on the device causing the device to keep remounting.

Saint Angeles
April 16th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I have it but i am having some trouble with the my 3g card. i hope it will be resolved with the final release. For some arb reason the new kernel can't assign a Drive id to the flash space on the device causing the device to keep remounting.
how embarassing!

Nunu
April 16th, 2008, 09:58 AM
The developers are working on it i read the discussions on the Wiki and it looks promising.

chewearn
April 16th, 2008, 10:02 AM
From Hardy, I started running betas for the first time. I discovered something new: if you run betas, you will be downloading huge updates almost every day. #-o

I thought I'll mentioned it, because I didn't hear anybody else mentioning it.

Nunu
April 16th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Yeah i figured i will wait till the final is out and give it a week so the servers gets a chance to rest then download again.

kamaboko
April 16th, 2008, 10:06 AM
so they'll have all the bugs out in 8 days? not likely. for me it's about 98 days.

Nunu
April 16th, 2008, 10:34 AM
so they'll have all the bugs out in 8 days? not likely. for me it's about 98 days.

True true

Although people did post the issue on the WIKI almost the day after the beta was released.

Teber
April 16th, 2008, 12:16 PM
go ahead and get it if you aren't... chicken.

those birds don't look like chickens to me...

ok so i'm chicken too. i don't like beta versions either....

rolnics
April 16th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Well I took the leap when it was in Alpha 5 stage! And i'm a complete NOOB only been using Ubuntu for a year just!!

I wouldn't do it normally though!

bash
April 16th, 2008, 12:51 PM
For me the beta has been running stable on 1 comp. On another comp it randomly used to crash after logging in. And on a third machine the restricted driver manager wouldn't start. So I just got the lovely resolution of 800*600. But after yesterdays big update all those problems were fixed and now it works flawlessly.