PDA

View Full Version : Canonical's cool new products

kevin11951
April 16th, 2008, 02:28 AM
The Canonical store has quite a few new products!

my favorite:

https://shop.canonical.com/product_info.php?products_id=137&osCsid=25632b8559e085dc124fef71496feeef

now, if only i could buy it.

rfruth
April 16th, 2008, 02:34 AM
If only I could see it

DeadSuperHero
April 16th, 2008, 02:41 AM
I truly, truly hope that someday Canonical could sell Ubuntu-branded computers in their store someday. I'd buy one.

heartburnkid
April 16th, 2008, 03:20 AM
That would be awesome. Or at least computer cases. Hell, I'll take case badges.

On another subject, why does the store require me to have a Launchpad account to even browse it? It never required that before...

macogw
April 16th, 2008, 03:21 AM
That would be awesome. Or at least computer cases. Hell, I'll take case badges.

On another subject, why does the store require me to have a Launchpad account to even browse it? It never required that before...

More to the point, why does it require that and then once you login continuously kick you to the account registratin page?

kevin11951
April 16th, 2008, 03:23 AM
More to the point, why does it require that and then once you login continuously kick you to the account registratin page?

hmm.. that hasnt happend to me yet, i have neither loged in, nor had issues once i was. what browser are you guys using?

scratch that, it just did it to me, that is so wierd, wait till tomarrow, mabye its a glitch!

toupeiro
April 16th, 2008, 06:58 AM
oooooooooooooooo PuTTY

arman.haghi
April 16th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Case Badges, "Ubuntu Inside" would be good... I often setup old machines with Ubuntu and give to community centres... do these exist?

fktt
April 16th, 2008, 07:30 AM
oooooooooooooooo PuTTY
its squishy & awesome! :popcorn:'
and afordable certified ubuntu mashine would definitely be a cool thing,
but i think their distribution wouldn't be as easy.

swoll1980
April 16th, 2008, 08:55 AM
It's sad that the dollar is worth half as much as a euro now

GeneralZod
April 16th, 2008, 09:06 AM

Seems to be because the OP left his session ID in the URL. Removing it allows me to browse without logging in.

Edit:

Heh - now I can view the page even when using the link from the OP. Maybe it was just coincidence :)

ibutho
April 16th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Seems to be because the OP left his session ID in the URL. Removing it allows me to browse without logging in.

Edit:

Heh - now I can view the page even when using the link from the OP. Maybe it was just coincidence :)
It happened to me as well last night. I kept getting asked to create a launchpad account. It works perfectly fine this morning.

macogw
April 16th, 2008, 06:51 PM
hmm.. that hasnt happend to me yet, i have neither loged in, nor had issues once i was. what browser are you guys using?

scratch that, it just did it to me, that is so wierd, wait till tomarrow, mabye its a glitch!

That wasn't the first time I've seen it happen, just the first I mentioned it.

Re: the putty
I looked at it and went "they got orange smart mass?" because I <3 ThinkGeek

Oh, and yay they no longer have this little dichotomy:
men's shirt: linux for human beings
womens shirt: linux for ladies

So.. ladies != human beings?

buried
April 16th, 2008, 06:53 PM
I love Canonical :)

tbrminsanity
April 16th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I keep hoping I can get a white polo shirt in my size for work but no dice. Still out of stock.

OZFive
April 16th, 2008, 10:15 PM
The new speaker sure looks cool. I would not mind having it myself, that is until I saw some reviews for it online. Looks great, sounds mediocre.

Gizmodo (http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/peripherals/usb-vase-speaker-190227.php)

Google branded one for themselves too in Blue and silver.

forums.macrumors.com (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=119153)