PDA

View Full Version : wineconfig issues

PsYcO~KJ
April 16th, 2008, 12:02 AM
well i went ahead and reinstalled using the sticky on this section, so far only got a couple errors relating to the cdrom.

which were these

Failed to fetch cdrom:[Ubuntu 7.10 _Gutsy Gibbon_ - Release i386 (20071016)]/dists/gutsy/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
Failed to fetch cdrom:[Ubuntu 7.10 _Gutsy Gibbon_ - Release i386 (20071016)]/dists/gutsy/restricted/binary-i386/Packages.gz Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
Reading package lists... Done
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

not sure what it means, but i went on with the upgrade and install with no other errors.

then i type wineconfig, and get this

Failed to fetch cdrom:[Ubuntu 7.10 _Gutsy Gibbon_ - Release i386 (20071016)]/dists/gutsy/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
Failed to fetch cdrom:[Ubuntu 7.10 _Gutsy Gibbon_ - Release i386 (20071016)]/dists/gutsy/restricted/binary-i386/Packages.gz Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

and all is good so far.

Oldsoldier2003
April 17th, 2008, 01:42 AM
well i went ahead and reinstalled using the sticky on this section, so far only got a couple errors relating to the cdrom.

which were these

not sure what it means, but i went on with the upgrade and install with no other errors.

then i type wineconfig, and get this

and all is good so far.

if you remove the cdrom form your sources.list you wont get the errors anymore and the packages you need will be downloaded as required.

just comment out the cdrom source in /etc/apt/sources.list