PDA

View Full Version : Quirks in programs which show attention to detail..

PetePete
April 15th, 2008, 02:29 PM
was just writing an e-mail in kmail, pressed send and a message popped up stating that it seemed like I was referring to an attached file, yet no file had been attached, did I want to attach a file?

thats attention to detail, you got any other examples of programs which just go that extra mile for you?

bruce89
April 15th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Evolution recently added the same.

For the (predictable) record, I like Epiphany's duplicate bookmark warning button.

3rdalbum
April 15th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Not exactly an "attention to detail" quirk in application software, but on an old slow computer I once launched Synaptic, and before the password prompt came up I clicked on a terminal. Gksudo warned me that an application had taken lock of the keyboard and mouse.

It was just the terminal window that I had clicked at precisely the correct moment to trigger the warning, but if there had been a real keylogger I would have been warned too.

PetePete
April 15th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Not exactly an "attention to detail" quirk in application software, but on an old slow computer I once launched Synaptic, and before the password prompt came up I clicked on a terminal. Gksudo warned me that an application had taken lock of the keyboard and mouse.

It was just the terminal window that I had clicked at precisely the correct moment to trigger the warning, but if there had been a real keylogger I would have been warned too.

well thought out feature, nice!