PDA

View Full Version : Banner Announcements

Het Irv
April 14th, 2008, 09:38 PM
The Announcements that are on the top of the Homepage of the Forums is nice, but can the whole text be made into a hyperlink, or could the here be underlined? I took me a couple days to find the hyperlink (okay, so it was closer to 30sec, but it felt like days). I only suggest this because it improves the usability of the Forums, if only by a tiny bit.

LaRoza
April 14th, 2008, 09:41 PM
The Announcements that are on the top of the Homepage of the Forums is nice, but can the whole text be made into a hyperlink, or could the here be underlined? I took me a couple days to find the hyperlink (okay, so it was closer to 30sec, but it felt like days). I only suggest this because it improves the usability of the Forums, if only by a tiny bit.

Yes, the links in some of the forums features are very well hidden. The forum is about to be upgraded, and all the effort is being focused towards rebuilding the theme for the new software.

I hope this link issue is fixed there.

Het Irv
April 14th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Mmk, will the server go down again during the upgrade, or was that the purpose of the last one? I haven't seen any change since it when down before.

LaRoza
April 14th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Mmk, will the server go down again during the upgrade, or was that the purpose of the last one? I haven't seen any change since it when down before.

It is a major upgrade.

I know there are somewhat radical decisions involved (like archiving a bunch of forums) and a new theme decision.

If the forums do go down, hopefully, it won't be for long.

The theme is being built on a test site, and I think the datebase is able to be used by the new version (I know it was imported already, but I just am going by what I hear, I am not involved in this)