PDA

View Full Version : Spiralling forum fragmentation

stimpack
October 14th, 2005, 12:48 AM
Im not sure we need seperate kde and gnome versions of each forum. So much is shared between Ubuntu/Kubuntu and yet usefull information is being diluted into different sections.

Surely you only need a single gaming support forum etc.. having to read the gnome game section and the kde game section just to get the same infomation I used to get from a single forum is poor efficiency.

Obviously Desktop Support needs seperate Gnome/KDE, but Im really not sure the others do.

BWF89
October 14th, 2005, 12:49 AM
I agree. Way too many forums.

Most of the stuff just ends up getting posted in Community Chat anyway.

mstlyevil
October 14th, 2005, 12:51 AM
This has already been covered before in a previous thread.

kvidell
October 14th, 2005, 12:59 AM
This has already been covered before in a previous thread.Can you provide us with a link to this?

Searching gets me very scattered results.
- Kev

kassetra
October 14th, 2005, 01:07 AM
Previously, the Kubuntu area was jam-packed with information all over the place, and it was difficult to find help or even information.

We have made them mirrors because while the underlying code is the same, they have very different ways of handling user interactions.

The games are split because installing games on either platform can be very different.

If you use both KDE and Gnome then yes you would need to read both; if you only use one you would only need to read one.

We are comfortable with the layout changes we have made for now, but if we see a need to change them we will.