PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How to reverse a command..

Merovius
April 13th, 2008, 11:46 PM
How can i reverse this command or at least go back to my old mozilla folder??

mv .mozilla .mozilla_old

I used it to fix another issue (it did) but didn't realize I would lose everything in Firefox.

TIA

Claus7
April 13th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Hello,

mv .mozilla_old .mozilla

Regards!

Merovius
April 14th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the direction. Didn't seem to work though. I guess I need to put Firefox back together again from scratch. Thank god I exported my favorites not to long ago. I will only lose the most recent ones. Favorites was what i hoped to get back.

Thanks again anyway!

LaRoza
April 14th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the direction. Didn't seem to work though. I guess I need to put Firefox back together again from scratch. Thank god I exported my favorites not to long ago. I will only lose the most recent ones. Favorites was what i hoped to get back.

Thanks again anyway!

If a default .mozilla directory were created, delete it then change the name of the other to the proper name.

(Also, open Nautilus and press Ctrl + h to do it in a GUI)

If you didn't restart Firefox, do it.

Claus7
April 14th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Hello,

you do not have to thank me. The good would have been to have your browser back as it was. If you haven't done anyhting else I think that this should have worked. In this folder (.firefox_old) there is no folder that has your favourites? I think that in /.mozilla/firefox/w6pgom85.default or /.mozilla_old/firefox/w6pgom85.default , depending on what you did with the move command you will find all your bookmarks. I would advice you to search there first. Also in /.mozilla/firefox/w6pgom85.default/bookmarkbackups you will find them by date.

Hope this helped!
Regards!

Acglaphotis
April 14th, 2008, 12:17 AM
how about:

cp .mozilla_old/firefox/[heregoesyourprofilename]/* .mozilla/firefox/[newprofile]

Or something like that.

Merovius
April 14th, 2008, 01:11 AM
Claus7,

I browsed were you told me and found a backup from today that had all my old favorites. I'm good to go now.

Thanks for certain this time. :)