PDA

View Full Version : Comcast...

Colro
April 13th, 2008, 10:52 PM
My ISP got bought out by comcast a couple months ago. :(
I haven't had any problems that wouldn't be expected with comcast, IE slowness and torrent issues, so I've been able to live through it...until today. My IP reset itself last night and I woke up to see this:

http://blackhawkit.com/c0ld/comcast.png

I managed to make it go away by changing my IP manually to be on the node I was on yesterday, but what the hell? This can't be normal.

Famicommander
April 13th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Comcast has been great for me. I pay for 6MBits/second and get 21.

Twitch6000
April 13th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Comcast is great for me I haven't had any problem except that annoying ip changing >.<.

NightwishFan
April 14th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Comcast... :lolflag:

zmjjmz
April 14th, 2008, 12:08 AM
I've experienced slow torrents with them.
I also get disconnected completely from the internet after intense amounts of lag, but resetting our router takes care of that, so I don't think it's their fault.

NightwishFan
April 14th, 2008, 12:12 AM
It is. Sometimes my internet randomly goes down for hours. They do it on purpose.

DeadSuperHero
April 14th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Yeah, I get the IP re-setting issue at moms. Every now and again, I have to tweak the nameservers to use the web browser. Really annoying.

zmjjmz
April 14th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Hopefully I'll be getting FiOs soon.

sports fan Matt
April 14th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Completely Agree and Comcast has a hold on the Chicago Metro Market, funny thing is, My sister in Texas says the exact same thing, they suck.

Tundro Walker
April 14th, 2008, 02:07 AM
It looks like that picture is your ticket out of your service agreement contract.

I used to use Everyone's Internet a long time ago for dial-up and web-hosting. Then I moved in with some folks that had high-speed internet. EV1 wouldn't let me log into to change my web-page, because it was filtering out IP's from the high-speed company. So, I called them up, complained, and got out of my contract with them.

You should try to do the same with Comcast.

sports fan Matt
April 14th, 2008, 02:24 AM
Did people pc buy EV1?

Istonian
April 14th, 2008, 02:37 AM
One time I got that screen and called the Comcast support people. I told the lady to activate my account. I told her it was because the Linux bypass server was down.

She said that they didn't support linux. I told her to activate my account using the MAC address.

She did and she was like. Wow I didn't know we did that.

Polygon
April 14th, 2008, 07:09 AM
That page doesnt meant comcast is anti-linux. I use linux and comcast works fine...my dad uses a mac and hes the one who sets up the internet connection. Do waht it says...call the number to set up your account cause comcast doesnt have a linux version of their program or w/e