PDA

View Full Version : working with Ubuntu

Ubundragon
April 13th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Hello everyone,

i hope this is the right place for my question..Anyway,i want to start by saying that im quite a beginner with Linux but really like Ubuntu.
i ve been using computers for a few years but not being a professional IT guy,my knowledge is of course limited,although i can get my way around in Windows/Mac/Ubuntu(only distro i tried ,so that's why i said Ubuntu instead of Linux).

if i wanted to get a job using Ubuntu,what kind of school/exam/course/test should i pass?is there any of you that makes a living with Ubuntu,whether it's support work,programming etc etc

the problem is that i live in Japan and i don't know of any course around here in English;my japanese language skills are not that proficient yet so that is why it must be in english..

i have never studied computers,so even if i certified with Ubuntu would i still be at disadvantage compared to all the IT pros out there with much more experience than me?

sorry for the real nOOb questions...just very curious about something i dont know much and interests me

thanks

drascus
April 13th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Well,
Consider taking the linux professional exames and also look into: http://www.ubuntu.com/news/ubuntucert

which is the ubuntu linux certification program. I think that most of the courses anyway are online. However there are physical locations for the tests themselves but their should be information online as to where these tests will take place.

Ubundragon
April 13th, 2008, 02:57 PM
thank you very much for your reply..i 'll definitely check into that..if courses are online,it would be of great help here in japan for me..i can hold a basic conversation in japanese and read some manga ;but i don't think it would be enough to go any deeper and be able to study something like IT/Ubuntu...thaanks again