PDA

View Full Version : How much time do you spend in the ubuntu forums?

wolfen69
April 12th, 2008, 03:00 AM
right now im at about 8 hrs a day. (business is slow) but, i have a great time here. especially when i can help someone.

-gabe-noob-
April 12th, 2008, 03:03 AM
too much...
coffee is sooo addictive.

Bruce H. McCosar
April 12th, 2008, 03:10 AM
When I'm at home, I try to spend as much time as I can making music. If that puts me away from the computer, 0 time on the forums.

However, I've been learning Csound (http://www.csounds.com/). If I need a moment to let something sink in or generate a new idea, I hop over to another desktop and check the places I'm at online.

I'm on both the Ubuntu and Kubuntu forums. However, I also have 3 blogs (Dandelife, Wordpress, Csound), two social network sites (Facebook, MySpace), two email accounts, and music on Jamendo.

When I spend a lot of time here, it's either because 1.) Someone asked a question and I happened to know a decent amount about the subject, or 2.) There's an interesting thread going on. I tend to hope for #1. The things I've learned over the years, working with Linux, are things I'd like to pass on. There were plenty of times when I was learning that only a random post in a small out of the way forum provided the answer (and thanks to Google for some thorough indexing!)

kerry_s
April 12th, 2008, 03:15 AM
i'll usually pop in hourly. :)

swoll1980
April 12th, 2008, 03:49 AM
I work from home on my computer so I poke in and out all day

warbread
April 12th, 2008, 06:46 AM
I spend too much time here. It's not that I actually spend a lot, but just more than I should. I'm at work right now and should be doing, well... work. When that's done, I should be doing homework.

-grubby
April 12th, 2008, 06:54 AM
I used to spend close to all day here. Now I've limited it to around 1-2 hours

thisiam
April 12th, 2008, 07:03 AM
at work one of my tabs on firefox is always this forum, cant log in but reading works fine ( i can log in but log right back out after a post )
then at home its always one of my tabs so i would say like 8+ hours