PDA

View Full Version : SymphonyOne 2008.1 released!

zmjjmz
April 11th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Read the release announcement here: http://www.symphonyos.com/cms (not a rickroll, I promise.)
This looks great, can't wait to use it on one of my old computers!

SunnyRabbiera
April 11th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I just wish they would open up mezzo again, they seemed to have closed it off for other distributions except their own

zmjjmz
April 11th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Actually, the guy intends to create a Mezzo package sometime soon.
Also, one of the members on the forums posted a Howto to get the old Mezzos working.

smartboyathome
April 11th, 2008, 09:14 PM
I wonder if this will be able to be upgraded/built apon hardy. As it stands, Gutsy is getting a little old.

zmjjmz
April 11th, 2008, 09:16 PM
I can't be sure.
Maybe it'll be updated along with the rest of Ubuntu?

Wiebelhaus
April 12th, 2008, 02:55 AM
Like Fluxbuntu? , Still in RC.

I doubt it.

cardinals_fan
April 12th, 2008, 03:05 AM
Mezzo has always interested me...

init1
April 12th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Interesting, hopfully this release will be better than some of the previous versions.

GingerAlex
April 30th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Actually, the guy intends to create a Mezzo package sometime soon.
Also, one of the members on the forums posted a Howto to get the old Mezzos working.

Keep this thread posted when that happens, it looks like some properly fresh thinking has gone into Mezzo about taking the clutter out of computing and like to get a look at it.
I'm on gnome at present, which I like. I've never fancied KDE it seems to 'busy' for me. Mezzo looks like an interesting new angle.

However I'm not sure I want to bomb out Ubuntu for Symphony OS just yet, especially as their website seems to be creaking and I can't get a download out of it!

zmjjmz
April 30th, 2008, 10:48 PM
After reading some reports on the forum, I'm going to wait for their next release. It's just that there are quite a few easily fixable problems that have been reported, so I'm assuming that they'll fix those problems next release.
EDIT: I believe there's a torrent out on Piratebay...

sefs
April 30th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Where can i get that wallpaper.

zmjjmz
April 30th, 2008, 11:44 PM
I bet it's somewhere in the CD or ISO.