PDA

View Full Version : Konqueror 3.5.9 doesn't show new posts in bold :(

raul_
April 11th, 2008, 12:15 AM
The title is pretty self explanatory.

p_quarles
April 11th, 2008, 12:24 AM
It does for me. Is this possibly a KDE-mod issue?

raul_
April 11th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the response. I'll post in their forums. However, I do see bold fonts in other sites (like google and the arch forums)

popch
April 11th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Caching issue?

raul_
April 12th, 2008, 03:43 PM
I guess i'm the only one with that problem?

popch
April 12th, 2008, 04:05 PM
The title is pretty self explanatory.

It is not, quite.

Did you try clearing your cache? Does the problem occur while logged in or when using the forum as a guest? Does it occur when using other browsers? Have you checked your user settings? Is the desired font variant installed and working?

raul_
April 12th, 2008, 04:22 PM
I don't use caching. The problem occurs when i'm logged in, otherwise it wouldn't make sense, it doesn't occurs when using other browsers nor when browsing other forums, i have checked my settings, and I use the same fonts in firefox and all works fine

popch
April 12th, 2008, 04:33 PM
I don't use caching.

Are you saying you turned caching off in your browser, and that the browser re-reads all graphics, style sheets, scripts and whatever each time you load a page?

When you expect "new posts" to be shown in bold, what kind of page do you refer to? I presume your complaint is with the forum page which shows the the titles of the threads in bold which have new posts, and the titles of the other threads in a lighter font.

A URL would perhaps be helpful, along with a screen shot visually showing which text you think should be bolded.

raul_
April 12th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Are you saying you turned caching off in your browser, and that the browser re-reads all graphics, style sheets, scripts and whatever each time you load a page?

For testing purposes, yes

When you expect "new posts" to be shown in bold, what kind of page do you refer to? I presume your complaint is with the forum page which shows the the titles of the threads in bold which have new posts, and the titles of the other threads in a lighter font.

Every thread listing page, including Today's Posts and Subscribed Topics

A URL would perhaps be helpful, along with a screen shot visually showing which text you think should be bolded.

It's not really worth it, it's all normal text, but there you have it. All thread titles should be bold.

popch
April 12th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Having exhausted the trivial causes, I would presume that it's an issue either with Konqueror itself, your installation or with your user profile.

Perhaps looking at the source code would help if you're familiar with HTML at all, or running the browser in a fresh user profile.

Perhaps you'd better take this to a place where you will be given 'real' support. After all, this is the place where you holler when the issue is with the forum.