PDA

View Full Version : Feature request: new posts tag when looking at "view all my posts"

red_Marvin
April 10th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Please move to correct subforum if needed, I couldn't see a special feature requests subforum.

~ * * * ~
I sometimes try to help out in one of the support forums, and might do a couple of posts, and when I later return to see if they have posted any response I use the Search->Find all your posts function.

What I would like is that the list of threads/posts that are listed would somehow show if there have been posts in the thread since I last visited it.
For a thread with only a few posts it might be possible to keep track of it manually, but as the post-count grows it becomes less and less feasible.

If going for the kitchen sink too:
The best solution (from my viewpoint) would be a search mode where the result page would work as a subforum (with all sorting/marking functions etc.) where the threads listed are those the user have posted in.

Best Whishes.

popch
April 10th, 2008, 04:47 PM
I subscribe to each thread I posted to. The User Control Panel (User CP) then shows all threads subscribed to which contain new posts.

Use the option to automatically subscribe to a thread when you post to it, and you're all set.

red_Marvin
April 10th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Ah many thanks, I've heard of that function, but never really looked into what it did.
/me goes to edit his profile.