PDA

View Full Version : Mid Missouri

JustinAlf
April 10th, 2008, 04:47 AM
Is there any Missouri Loco's for Columbia of Washington? I would think that with the Columbia and Jeff City area, we should be able to put together a Loco get together.

amazingtaters
April 10th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Could be if you can get Mizzou students who are Linux users to show up. Otherwise I think you may have some difficulty generating interest.

Bob B. - USA MO
October 14th, 2009, 11:55 AM
I'm an absolute beginner located near Fulton. Since the last post was over a year ago it doesn't look like mid-Missouri is a bee hive of Linux activity. Maybe someday.:)

JustinAlf
October 30th, 2009, 06:57 PM
I have since graduated from Mizzou, but I still feel that there is not enough users to support a Loco group. Mizzou doesn't even offer any Linux classes, which seems odd to me.

curtishall
December 4th, 2009, 11:34 PM
I have since graduated from Mizzou, but I still feel that there is not enough users to support a Loco group. Mizzou doesn't even offer any Linux classes, which seems odd to me.

MU used to have a LUG (MLUG) back in 1999-2001ish. At one time it was really active and held a Open Source Conference that ESR showed up to. It was pretty cool to hang out with him and play Quake :)

The LUG died off and and nobody ever really started it back up.

I'd like to get a LUG formed in Central Missouri. Being that we use (*)Ubuntu for just about everything we could definitely host it.

--
Curtis Hall
www.bluecherrydvr.com

thinktyler
May 24th, 2010, 03:29 AM
I'm a current Mizzou student totally interested in this cause.

cbarron
November 5th, 2010, 06:08 AM
I live in Columbia and would love to see a get together come about.