PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu #1 Again @ Distrowatch

phidia
April 9th, 2008, 07:23 PM
I don't check Distrowatch (http://distrowatch.com/) everyday but in checking it today I saw Ubuntu had regained the #1 spot for the default "last 6 months" time period.

I came to the community cafe to see if there were threads here on that but my search didn't catch anything relevant.

Not sure when this happened but YAY!!! :D

SomeGuyDude
April 9th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Makes sense. With Hardy on the horizon, people are interested.

notwen
April 9th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Sweet, maybe shipit will send out free frosted honey buns to celebrate this occasion.. that would be sweet. *nod*

Blue Heron
April 9th, 2008, 08:03 PM
what really counts is that Ubuntu is #1 in our hearts :-({|=

acelin
April 9th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Wait what? Who was number one?

aaaantoine
April 9th, 2008, 08:37 PM
PCLinuxOS was. It seems to have lost a lot of interest over the past several months, though.

acelin
April 9th, 2008, 08:39 PM
It is rather new too... i guess a lot of people just wanted to see what the hype was about.

Sukarn
April 9th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Its been quite a few days now since Ubuntu became no. 1 again in the "last six months" time frame.

I have been observing the decline on PCLOS in "last six months" on distrowatch.

phidia
April 9th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I don't know all the history of Distrowatch but I think it's somewhat unusual for a distro to lose the 6 month #1 rating and then regain it. (Ubuntu was #1 in the 6 month catagory for a long time, unseating the previous long term holder Mandrake)

So I think it's pretty kewl.

Ideastone
April 9th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Congrats to Ubuntu. It's truly a great distro and has grown a great community around it. Way to go everybody.:)