PDA

View Full Version : What should I get my girlfriend for our one year anniversary?

diablo75
April 8th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Alright fellas. I'm looking for ideas that cost less than 100 dollars.

Go ubuntuforums, go!

Seti
April 8th, 2008, 10:38 PM
how about a pearl necklace?

edm1
April 8th, 2008, 10:41 PM
A big yucca plant. Who doesn't like yuccas?

Therion
April 8th, 2008, 10:43 PM
*Blows a Coke through my nose*

Please remit one new Logitech 'Wave' keyboard to my office at your earliest convenience.

dashnak
April 8th, 2008, 10:49 PM

Man, I laughed for like 5 minutes.:)

Mazza558
April 8th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Ubuntu 8.04!

Nah....

Ozor Mox
April 8th, 2008, 10:51 PM

:lolflag:

Here's where we find out he was being literal.

How about an Ubuntu CD? :KS

Therion
April 8th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Okay Home Skillet, I see you're in Topeka and what with me having grown up in Overland Park, I'm gonna help you out. Here's what yer gonna do, Hoss.

You're gonna go to some place like World Market or Bed, Bath and Beyond or Pier One Imports if you have to. You're gonna find one of them cute chicks that works there and throw your pathetic @ss on her mercy. 'Splain to the cute chick that works there that you're there to shop for the little bright spot in your otherwise pathetic existence that IS your girlfriend. On your little shopping list is what we're going to call "Bath Stuff".

A few fancy soaps, some bath beads, a scrubby thing, a rubber ducky, some incense, scented candles... That sort of thing. There's tons of girlie-type bath stuff to choose from. Go nuts... Have the cutie-chick help you out. When you're done put everything into a pretty little basket (seriously, put it all in a nice basket).

With $100 to spend you can rock the house. Trust me... Your GF will go bonkers.

rickyjones
April 8th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Does she like flowers? Grab a single rose to signify one year. Take her to a nice restaurant where you both get dressed up. Write her a love letter.

Lots of things to do :P

I just celebrated two years last August. Took her to Mackinac Island (Michigan, USA) for the weekend.

-Richard

Whiffle
April 8th, 2008, 11:42 PM
dinner and a trip to the symphony...nothing fancy, but we sure had fun.

swoll1980
April 9th, 2008, 12:00 AM
the one year is the paper anniversary so somthing sentimental tahts made from paper

diablo75
April 9th, 2008, 03:32 AM
I ended up getting her one yellow rose, a box of chocolates and a card.

She got me an engraved mouse that says, "Moving up one click at a time. I love you!"

Too bad she didn't schedule herself a day off today (being the manager of a restaurant and all...) :neutral:

ODF
April 9th, 2008, 03:44 AM
I gave her a laptop.

Did a great job. You should try.

Ps : Less than 100$ didn't read that part.

Good luck =) do something nice and emotional ... something she cares about. I bought some nice books about Disney once ago because she cares about that. She loved it.

cardinals_fan
April 9th, 2008, 03:57 AM
A big yucca plant. Who doesn't like yuccas?
+1

I love yuccas...

toupeiro
April 9th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Nice man. :) Sounds like you got a keeper, hehe.

I remember some years ago I was given this which has been in every office and cubicle I've had for the last 6 or so years.

http://www.koryu-uchinadi.com/Thinking_Outside_the_Box_2.jpg

toupeiro
April 9th, 2008, 06:39 AM
hah, I posted that image to the wrong thread :P my bad. I meant to post it to your other one with the mouse image.

ghindo
April 9th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Oh wow.

My girlfriend and I are having our one-year in about a month.

Perfect timing.

szymon_g
April 9th, 2008, 07:11 AM
hm... buy some flowers,
order/cook nice evening meal,
give her a glass of wine,
put some nice music on,
use blue pill..... ;p

chewearn
April 9th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Nah, you should pretend to forgot about it; make it a bad habit she has to put up with. That way, you don't have to remember every ef-fing anniversaries. :mrgreen:

Joke; it's a joke.

billgoldberg
April 9th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Always ask a girl from the store what to buy for your GF.

Always!