PDA

View Full Version : what is the tweaker team?

manicka
October 13th, 2005, 09:03 AM
what is the tweaker team?

mr_mop
October 13th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Why don't you PM one of the members and ask them?

poofyhairguy
October 13th, 2005, 09:39 AM
what is the tweaker team?

The Tweaker Team is a group devoted to policing, improving, and maintaining the Customization Tips & Tricks section of the forum. We will try to migrate how tos after new releases, and make sure that very popular part of the forum is good shape. Many members of the team have their own popular how tos they maintain as well as tinkerish side projects.

poofyhairguy
October 13th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Why don't you PM one of the members and ask them?

Its my job to pick to answer this question since I am the project leader for the Tweaker Team.

In a few days we will have a formal announcement about teams.

mr_mop
October 13th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Its my job to pick to answer this question since I am the project leader for the Tweaker Team.

In a few days we will have a formal announcement about teams.

Are you sure? ;) Hehe! Can't see your name in the group ;)
:KS http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showgroups.php :KS

poofyhairguy
October 13th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Are you sure? ;) Hehe! Can't see your name in the group ;)
:KS http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showgroups.php :KS

Its for the same reason King Bahamut is not in his own group. Each team has a moderator or two to be the project leaders.

frodon
October 13th, 2005, 01:01 PM
I have several questions :
1 - Do my HOWTO's will be automatically moved to breezy section ? If not Do I need to create a new HOWTO thread for breezy section even if the howto don't change ?
2 - I saw that there's 2 section in the breezy custom and trick tips section (ubuntu and kubuntu), What should i do if my HOWTO works for both ubuntu and kubuntu ?

Thank you for you answer.

poofyhairguy
October 13th, 2005, 06:00 PM
I have several questions :
1 - Do my HOWTO's will be automatically moved to breezy section ? If not Do I need to create a new HOWTO thread for breezy section even if the howto don't change ?

Right now we are moving all of the how tos made by the team so we haven't gotten around to others yet. If you want to save us the work (or just make sure its done right- :) ) you can migrate the how to yourself. Just please make sure it works in Breezy first.

2 - I saw that there's 2 section in the breezy custom and trick tips section (ubuntu and kubuntu), What should i do if my HOWTO works for both ubuntu and kubuntu ?

All general how tos should go in the main section. And that NEED Kubuntu or Gnome should go in the others.

Good questions.

poofyhairguy
October 13th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Ok. There is a new sticky to explain the situation. Thanks for pointing that out.