PDA

View Full Version : American Gods by Neil Gaimen

chrispche
April 8th, 2008, 02:55 PM
I'm having trouble getting through this book. Is it me. It seem's
highly recommended. Anyone read it? Should I press on.

In the past I felt the same about EON by Greg Bear, I'm glad I never
gave up on that one.

I'm hoping the same will happen here.

Neil Gaimen is a Highly Respected Author. I really enjoyed Stardust so
I guess, it's either a case of sticking it out or it's a more poorer
choice of his books.

Tristam Green
April 8th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Don't give up. It's a great book, and I struggled through the mid-section. It picks up though, and is a really refreshing read.

chrispche
April 10th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Yes I'm sorry I can't take anymore. I have to read something that's going to grab me. Life is to short to have pride, when more there are more interesting things to read. Such as my next on the list Chasm City by Alastair Reynolds. I can't see me giving up on that one. Revelation Space was excellent.

Maybe I just don't have the taste for fantasies.

rjmdomingo2003
April 10th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Yes I'm sorry I can't take anymore. I have to read something that's going to grab me. Life is to short to have pride, when more there are more interesting things to read. Such as my next on the list Chasm City by Alastair Reynolds. I can't see me giving up on that one. Revelation Space was excellent.

Maybe I just don't have the taste for fantasies.
To me, Neil Gaiman specializes in the anthropomorphic manifestations of gods, goddesses, intangibles.. He dwells more on fantasies. Have you read his Sandman grahpic novels? I've read them and found them great.

American Gods was quite a drag for me, frankly speaking. I liked Neverwhere better.