PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything to attatch skydomes to themes

barbedsaber
April 8th, 2008, 12:47 PM
I've never been a themes person, I spent 3 years with the default windows XP hill desktop and blue taskbar (shudder) but now I have gotten a few themes going.

I also love my skydomes, and my skydome HAS to fit with me desktop wallpaper. (HAS TO)

my problem is, I don;t like having to change my skydome every time I cahnge theme (I have about 6 which I change every 2 days or so)
this is really irratating.

Is there a program that will change my skydome, when I change theme, and if not, is it worth suggesting to someone.

thanks.

corney91
April 8th, 2008, 01:57 PM
AFAIK it can't be done, as of yet.
But I'm sure some clever person could create a Compiz plugin to do it :)

macogw
April 8th, 2008, 05:11 PM
There's a program called Sabayon that lets you setup menu, wallpaper, theme, Compiz (since it uses GConf), etc. and save profiles of it. It's meant for admins to setup multiple users' accounts without logging into all of them, but it might work for what you want.

corney91
April 8th, 2008, 09:11 PM
There's a program called Sabayon that lets you setup menu, wallpaper, theme, Compiz (since it uses GConf), etc. and save profiles of it. It's meant for admins to setup multiple users' accounts without logging into all of them, but it might work for what you want.
Not to be confused (like I did) with Sabayon the distro ;)
Here a link (http://www.gnome.org/projects/sabayon/):)