PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] FreeBSD Open Office Dependecies?

Mr.Ganja
April 8th, 2008, 10:51 AM
I have been helping a friend getting FreeBSD running on his ancient laptop. A 500mhz, 64mb toshiba satelite from 1999. The reason i installed FreeBSD was it was the only Free OS i saw that coud boot the installer without ACPI enabled, slackware was too of a daunting task so i went with BSD. I got a lot running on it like gnome and some basic neccesities of life, emacs;-) and bash. Thanks to Ubuntu i knew most of the stuff i was doing. Now i need help installing Open Office on the thing, i still have 3 gigs of the 5 gig drive. I have the install .tbz package i downloaded from the OO website. Oh and no internet on this machine, if i had it, the job would be done. The only port is a broken telephone jack, with a modem which might work but the port is missing the prongs.
I need a mirror or something with the rest of the OO dependecies for FreeBSD 6.2, I have a Ubuntu machine for the burning of disks and the such. internet on it of course.

thanks in advance if anyone knows it, took me three weeks to get it to this point and this is the last step. THANKS!:KS

note: this is my first BSD machine i have ever played with. and please tell me your advice on installing as well. Thanks!

HokeyFry
April 19th, 2008, 05:40 AM
In Ubuntu, if you pass the parameter "acpi=off" it should work.

Mr.Ganja
April 20th, 2008, 10:58 PM
I gave up and put windows 98 on the machine, and ya that would work but the live cd would not work either way. the alternate installer did work with the option of turning the acpi off but i never used it.

thanks

cammin
April 21st, 2008, 04:23 PM
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=openoffice&stype=all